Scouting report on Week 4 high school football games.
ROCK HILL BEARCATS at BOILING SPRINGS BULLDOGS
• Coaches: Rock Hill, Joe Montgomery; Boiling Springs, Bruce Clark
• Records: Rock Hill 1-2; Boiling Springs 2-1
• Regions: Rock Hill 3-AAAA; Boiling Springs 2-AAAA
• Last week: Dutch Fork 49, Rock Hill 42; Boiling Springs 51, Clover 0
• Last meeting: Rock Hill won 48-0 in 2001
• Radio/Internet: WRHI FM 94.3, AM 1340, WRHI.com 6 p.m.
• Directions: Take S.C. 5 west to Blacksburg. Then take I-85 toward Spartanburg to the Highway 9 exit (Boiling Springs, S.C.). Go north about five miles, and turn right at First Baptist Church. The school and stadium are a mile down that road, on the left.
KEENAN RAIDERS at YORK COUGARS
• Coaches: Keenan, Mitchell Moton; York, Bobby Carroll
• Records: Keenan 3-1; York 3-0
• Regions: Keenan 3-AA; York 3-AAAA
• Rankings: York is No. 8 in the Prep Writers Poll
• Last week: Keenan 36, Calhoun County 21; York 34, Gaffney 19
• Last meeting: York won 42-14 in 1999
• Radio/Internet: WRHI.com 6 p.m.
• Directions: Take S.C. 5 to York. Go through the SC 5/161 intersection, which is the SC 5 Bypass around York. The high school and football stadium will be on the right of SC 5 Bypass.
RIDGE VIEW BLAZERS at NATION FORD FALCONS
• Coaches: Ridge View, Raymond Jennings; Nation Ford, Michael Allen
• Records: Ridge View 2-0; Nation Ford 2-1
• Regions: Ridge View 4-AAAA; Nation Ford 3-AAAA
• Last week: Ridge View idle; Nation Ford idle
• Last meeting: Never played
• Radio/Internet: WRHI FM 94.3, AM 1340, WRHI.com 9:45 p.m.
• Directions: Take I-77 to the Gold Hill exit. Turn right at the top of the ramp and go through the US 21 exit. Stay straight and the road will turn into Springfield and the school and stadium will be on the left.
FORT MILL YELLOW JACKETS at BROOME CENTURIONS
• Coaches: Fort Mill, Ed Susi; Broome, Jet Turner
• Records: Fort Mill 2-1; Broome 3-1
• Regions: Fort Mill 3-AAAA; Broome 3-AAA
• Last week: Fort Mill 26, Spring Valley 21; Broome 17, Blacksburg 14
• Last meeting: Fort Mill won 56-24 last year
• Radio/Internet: FM 107.1 FM107.com, WRHI.com 6 p.m.
• Directions: Go to Blacksburg and get on I-85. Get off at exit 79, which is Highway 57, and turn left back across the bridge. Go a mile and turn left on Converse Road. Stay on Converse through the intersection and keep straight until reaching U.S. 29. Turn right at the stop sign, then go approximately one-half mile to the Broome High School sign. Turn left and follow the signs to the school on Cherry Hill Road.
BUFORD YELLOW JACKETS at LEWISVILLE LIONS
• Coaches: Buford, Mike Wells; Lewisville, Will Mitchell
• Records: Buford 2-1; Lewisvlle 3-1
• Regions: Buford 4-AA; Lewisville 3-A
• Last week: Buford 35, Airborne for Christ 22
• Last meeting: Buford won 23-0 in 2009
• Directions: Take SC 9 to Lancaster. Get off at the SC 9 Bypass and go through Fort Lawn to Richburg. The stadium and school will be on the right.
GREAT FALLS RED DEVILS at ANDREW JACKSON VOLUNTEERS
• Coaches: Great Falls, Kenny Schofield; Andrew Jackson, David Moore
• Records: Great Falls 2-1; Andrew Jackson 1-2
• Regions: Great Falls 3-A; Andrew Jackson 4-AA
• Last week: Charlotte CD 38, Great Falls 12; Andrew Jackson 34, McBee 6
• Last meeting: Great Falls won 30-27 last year
• Directions: Go to Lancaster and get on SC 521. Take 521 through Heat Springs to Kershaw and the school and stadium will be on the left before reaching town.
MARVIN RIDGE at INDIAN LAND WARRIORS
• Coaches: Marvin Ridge, Scott Chadwick; Indian Land, Mike Mayer
• Records: Marvin Ridge 3-1; Indian Land 0-3
• Regions: Marvin Ridge 4A/3A Southern (NC) Carolina; Indian Land 4-AA
• Last week: Marvin Ridge 20, Monroe 18; Indian Land
• Last meeting: Never played
• Directions: Take U.S. 21 north to Fort Mill. Go through town and take a right at Tom Hall Street. At the second stoplight, turn right onto Doby Bridge Road which runs into S.C. 521. The stadium is located behind the high school which is on 521 in Indian Land.
LANCASTER BRUINS at BLYTHEWOOD BENGALS
• Coaches: Lancaster, Bennie McMurray; Blythewood, Reggie Kennedy
• Records: Lancaster 1-2; Blythewood 2-1
• Regions: Lancaster 3-AAAA; Blythewood 4-AAAA
• Last week: Central 28, Lancaster 13; Blythewood 57, Westwood 0
• Last meeting: Blythewood won 24-21 last year
• Radio/Internet: WRHI.com 6 p.m.
• Directions: Take I-77 south to Columbia. Get off at exit 27, Blythewood Road. Turn left at the top of the ramp go to the road ends. Turn right onto Main Street (US 21). The high school will be on the right.
CHESTER CYCLONES at CENTRAL EAGLES
• Coaches: Chester, Anthony Sterling; Central, Joey Mangum
• Records: Chester 1-3; Central 2-1
• Regions: Chester 3-AAA; Central 4-AA
• Last week: Fairfielde Central 18, Chester 7; Central 28, Lancaster 13
• Last meeting: Chester won 10-7 last year
• Radio/Internet: WRBK, FM 90.3, 6 p.m.
• Directions: Take S.C. 9 to Lancaster, which turns into the Lancaster bypass. Get off the bypass and back onto S.C. 9 toward Pageland. Go through town and approximately one mile on the other side, turn right onto Zion Road, which leads to the school and stadium.
WESTMINSTER CATAWBA at METROLINA WARRIORS
• Coaches: Westminster Catawba, Chris Pope; Metrolina, Thomas Langley
• Records: Westminster Catawba ; Metrolina 1-1
• Regions: Westminster Catawba Piedmont Football; Metrolina, NCISAA Freelance
• Last week: Metrolina 37, Highland 0; Christ School 55, Westminster Catawba 3
• Last meeting: Westminster Catawba won 35-26 last year
• Directions: Follow India Hook Road and go through the 161 intersection. The school and football field will be on the right.
OTHER STATE GAMES
C.E. Murray at Andrews
Georgetown at Carvers Bay.
Columbia at A.C. Flora
Lower Richland at Airport
Stratford at Ashley Ridge
Estill at Bamberg-Ehrhardt
Charlotte Latin at Baptist Hill
Swansea at Batesburg-Lees.
Garrett at Battery Creek
Cane Bay at Beaufort
Palmetto at Belton-H. Path
C.A. Johnson at Ben Lippen
Southside at Berea
Manning at Berkeley
Allendale-Fairfax at Bethune-B.
Academic Mag. at B. England
Wagener-Salley at Blackville-H.
Dreher at Brookland-Cayce
Ridgeland at Burke
Clinton at Byrnes
Landrum at Carolina
M. Beach at Carolina Forest
Newberry at Chapin
Mid-Carolina at Chapman
Ware Shoals at Christ Church
West Ashley at Colleton Co.
Marlboro County at Conway
Timmonsville at Creek Bridge
Blacksburg at Crescent
South Florence at Crestwood
West-Oak at Daniel
West Florence at Darlington
Whale Branch at Denmark-O.
Dutch Fork at Dorman
Camden Mil. at E. Clarendon
Blue Ridge at Eastside
Lake Marion at Eau Claire
Wren at Emerald
Union Co.at Fairfield Central
Goose Cr. at Fort Dorchester
Pelion at Gilbert
Greer at Greenville
Spartanburg at Greenwood
Hilton Head at Hampton
Edisto at Hanahan
Waccamaw at Han.-Pamplico
Branchville at Hardeeville
Cheraw at Hartsville
Riverside at Hillcrest
RS-Monetta at H-K-Tyler
Lexington at Irmo
Mauldin at J.L. Mann
Bluffton at James Island
Hemingway at Johnsonville
Scotts Branch at Kingstree
Dillon at Lake City
Socastee at Lake View
Lincoln at Latta
Woodruff at Laurens
Lakewood at Lee Central
Powdersville at Liberty
Ninety Six at Lincoln Co.
Camden at Lugoff-Elgin
Lamar at Marion
North Central at McBee
Silver Bluff at Midland Valley
Stall at Military Magnet
Ridge View at Nation Ford
Williston-Elko at North
Sumter at North Augusta
Mullins at N. Myrtle Beach
Calhoun Co.at O.-Wilkinson
Chesnee at Pendleton
Aiken at Richland NE
Walhalla at Seneca
Cross at St. James
Calhoun Falls at St. Josephs
S. Aiken at Strom Thurmond
Wando at Summerville
Pickens at Travelers Rest
Spring Valley at Westwood
McCormick at Whitmire
N. Charleston at Woodland
W. Hampton at Woodmont