CLOVER — A clothes dryer at Clover High School caught on fire Wednesday night and billowed smoke throughout the building.
Crews with the Clover Fire Department and Bethel Volunteer Fire Department were called to the school around 6 p.m. to find flames coming from the laundry room dryer, said Clover Fire Chief Charlie Love. The laundry room is near the back of the high school close to the ball fields.
A few employees were still inside the building and were evacuated, Love said. Some other people were around having practice on the fields, including softball players who saw the smoke coming from the building.
No injuries were reported.
Firefighters got the flames under control pretty quickly, Love said, but spent a significant amount of time trying to ventilate the building because of heavy smoke damage.
The fire was only contained in the laundry room, Love said.