ROCK HILL — Therell be smiling eyes and echoing laughter as the sounds of yore ring round the town at the St. Patricks Day festivities Sunday in downtown Rock Hill. Main Street will be alive alive oh and abundantly bright green to celebrate all things Irish from arts, crafts and dancing to food, music, and more.
Aye, therell be music live from The Federal Clan Kings and the Thistledown Tinkers bringing traditional Celtic tunes and tales.
The Federal Clan Kings features brothers Michael and Lenny Federal plus musicians Rusty Barkley, Dennis Johnson and Jim Brock, who will regale all with their blend of Celtic style and sound.
Then stomp your feet and sing along with the gutsy Celtic sounds of The Thistledown Tinkers as Trip Rogers and Tom Eure weave their spell with swagger plus an array of stunning instrumentation including guitar, fiddle, mandolin, banjo, dulcimer, and concertina.
Add to this the flying feet of Rince Na HEireann School of Traditional Irish Dance as well as Walsh Kelly School of Irish Dance for added spirit and style. Hear the call of the piper around 4:50 pm and find all the magic of the Emerald Isle at The St. Patricks Day street festival Sunday in downtown Rock Hill.
Begorrah! Better be there for the Suttle Band live kicking off an early St. Paddys party at Wild Wing Café-Ayrsley, Charlotte. Get into a groove with their soulful sounds ranging from Marvin Gaye to Prince plus original tunes too. The band includes Bryman Suttle, guitar/vocals; Clyde Covington, bass; J. Tito, vocals/percussion and Mike Strawberry Scarboro, drums. Let Suttle Band entertain you, Saturday at Wild Wing Café-Ayrsley, 2132 Ayrsley Town Blvd, Suite D, Charlotte. Call 980-297-7000 for show info and see suttleband.com for more on the music.
Rockin pop with punk prestige by her own rules from Pink with her The Truth About Love Tour Saturday at Time Warner Cable Arena in uptown Charlotte. With sales of 40 million albums and 50 million singles worldwide, Pink also picked up three Grammy Awards, a Brit Award, five MTV Video Music Awards and plenty more. Pinks 18 top-20 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 are indeed impressive, and all done with a lack of off-stage notoriety and paparazzi high jinks. Fly high with Pink Saturday at Time Warner Cable Arena, 333 East Trade Street, Charlotte. Check timewarnercablearena.com for show info and visit pinkspage.com for more on the music.
Maybe they were Born in a Honky Tonk but expect Nantucket to really rock the night away Saturday at Amos Southend, Charlotte. This year marks their 35th anniversary delivering Southern-fried boogie woogie rock with classics tracks including Heartbreaker, Real Romance, and more. The bands current lineup features Tommy Redd, Larry Uzzel, Mike Uzzell, Eddie Blair, Jason Patterson and Ronnie Waters. Get on board with Nantucket Saturday at Amos Southend, 1423 S. Tryon St., Charlotte. Call 704-377-6874 or go to amossouthend.com for show details. See nantucketband.com for all the history of the music.
Later in the week get into two Brooklyn-based bands: anthemic rock from Hurrah! A Bolt of Light! and roots rock from Parade Grounds live touring together and stopping Tuesday at The Evening Muse in Charlotte. Then look for Lindsay Lou and The Flatbellys Thursday also live at The Evening Muse, 3227 N. Davidson St., Charlotte. Call 704-376-3737 and check eveningmuse.com for more details.
Wild rounds of many splendored sounds from a lush assortment of bands. Leap about to enjoy the hodgepodge of happenings.
• Friday: The Oneppo Brothers Band at Lukes Sports Bar and Grill, Rock Hill; Drips and Bass Blacklight Party at Firewater 110, Rock Hill; Two Can Sam at The End Zone Bar and Grill, Rock Hill; Chubby Knuckles at Lil Johnnys Chicken and Ribs, Rock Hill; The Hyde Band at the Kickin Pig, Rock Hill; Sun Dried Vibes at McHales On Main, Rock Hill; Good Times Duo at Wild Wing Café-Ayrsley, Charlotte; Cappadonna ( of Wu-Tang Clan), Cataclysm, more at Tremont Music Hall, Charlotte; Natty Vibes, Three Legged Fox at Amos Southend, Charlotte; On The Border-Eagles Tribute at The Fillmore, Charlotte; TJ Laser and The New Detroits at Wild Wing Café-Uptown, Charlotte; The Lenny Federal Band at Comet Grill, Charlotte; Brawleys Black and Blue IV at The Visulite Theater, Charlotte; Rogue Planet, Dorian Gris, Funky Geezer at Double Door Inn, Charlotte; The Eroica Trio at Halton Theater-CPCC, Charlotte; Take The Fall, Landing Feet First, First Things First, Tiny City more at Chop Shop-NoDa , Charlotte; Late Bloomer, Old Flings, more at Milestone, Charlotte; Reeve Coobs, more at Evening Muse, Charlotte and Rocky Yelton and The Hired Guns at Pucketts Farm Equipment, Charlotte.
• Saturday: BorderTown at Kickin Pig, Rock Hill; RockStar at Lukes Sports Bar and Grill, Rock Hill; DJ Freeze pre-St. Patricks Day Party at Firewater 110, Rock Hill; Josh Sawyer Band at the Long Branch, Rock Hill; Looks EZ Band St. Patricks Party at Kerosene Bar, Clover; The Oneppo Brothers Band at Fatbackz, Richburg; Suttle Band at Wild Wing Café -Ayrsley, Charlotte; Square Roots Band at Grid Iron-South Charlotte; Lipstick on a Pig at Southsiders Bar, Waxhaw; Benefit for Elija Von Dramon with Joint D, Appalucia, Serfs, more at Tremont Music Hall, Charlotte; Jimmy Thackery and the Drivers at Double Door Inn, Charlotte; Jill Andrews with Humminghouse at The Visulite Theater, Charlotte; Green River Revival with Tim Reynolds and TR3, Mike Strauss Band at US National Whitewater Center, Charlotte; Shannon Lee, Jody Edwards at Big Als Pub, Charlotte; Simplified St. Patricks Celebration at The Saloon-NC Music Factory, Charlotte Sugarsmaxx at Wild Wing Café-Uptown, Charlotte; Funk Rush at Common Market-Plaza Millwood, Charlotte; The Emotron, 2013 Wolves, more at Snug Harbor, Charlotte; Caravan of Thieves; Slow Motion Riot at Evening Muse, Charlotte; Thistledown Tinkers, Natty Boh, Joystick at Galway Hooker, Charlotte; Matt Tucker Band at Pucketts Farm Equipment, Charlotte; Raw Material 4 at The Chop Shop-NoDa, Charlotte; All Rise, The Shotdowns, Southside Punx at Milestone, Charlotte; Metal Shop at Stooges Pub, Mint Hill and Three Legged Dawg at One Mor Bar and Grill, Concord/
• Sunday: The Dunder Chiefs, Billy Mulligan, The Oneppo Brothers at McHales on Main, Rock Hill; Early Ray, Lipstick on a Pig at Galway Hooker, Charlotte; Soulfly, Incite, more at Tremont Music Hall, Charlotte; Third Day, Colton Dixon, Josh Wilson at Bojangles Coliseum, Charlotte and Room Full of Strangers, Hectorina, Dr. Cirkustien, more at Milestone, Charlotte.
• Monday: Monday Nite All Stars at Double Door Inn, Charlotte; Knocturnal at Snug Harbor, Charlotte; Open Mic with 3 Piece Buckett at Pucketts Farm Equipment, Charlotte and Nicholas and The Human Race, The Killing Floor at Milestone, Charlotte.
• Tuesday: Bill Hanna Jazz Jam at Double Door Inn, Charlotte and Country Tuesday at Snug Harbor, Charlotte.
• Wednesday: Rusty Pilot and John Hatchell host Open Jam at The Sandbar, Rock Hill; Nylon Sky (From the UK) with Sovereign, Falling Through April, Mr. Gold at Firewater 110, Rock Hill; Simplified at Mellow Mushroom-Ballantyne, Charlotte; The Casualties, In Defense, All Rise, The Not Likelys at Tremont Music Hall, Charlotte; Secondhand Serenade, Brandon Kirkley, Neil Jackson, Juliet Sims, Veronica Ballestrini at Amos Southend, Charlotte; Bill Kirchen at Double Door Inn, Charlotte; Toby Creek at Pucketts Farm Equipment, Charlotte; Andy the Doorbum, Human Pippi Armstrong, more at Milestone, Charlotte.
• Thursday: Queen City Dub, Bubonik Funk more at Amos Southend, Charlotte.
And that was all she wrote.
Send bio, press kits, photos, music links to firstname.lastname@example.org. Find more details on Facebook, and myspace.com/jetrockmedia