2 arrested after Rock Hill bar fight

jmcfadden@heraldonline.comApril 22, 2013 

It took three security guards to handcuff a man who tried to flee after he and another man were separated during a fight at a Rock Hill club early Sunday, according to police.

Police were dispatched to the Infiniti nightclub on East Main Street around 1:30 a.m. in reference to a disorderly patron, according to a Rock Hill Police report. While there, the officer noticed club security pushing Samuel Matthews and Marquis Dereef, both 22, out of the club.

According to a witness, Matthews and Dereef had been fighting in the club, the report states. He tried to intervene, he told police, but the two would not stop their brawl.

That’s when security personnel got involved and separated the two, the report states. Dereef resisted the guards and tried to flee, but three guards were able to detain him and place him in handcuffs.

Both Matthews and Dereef denied fighting, although police could see injuries to their hands and faces, the report states. Still, they declined medical attention.

They were arrested and taken to jail, both of them charged with disorderly conduct- fighting.

In an unrelated case, police spoke with a woman, 29, who said another woman hit her in the face and arms while at the same club an hour earlier, according to another Rock Hill Police report. She said she tried to defend herself, but the woman pushed her to the ground, causing her pants to rip.

The woman said she wants to pursue a courtesy summons, the report states.

The Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service