Warrants prepared for man accused of assaulting woman at York birthday party

jmcfadden@heraldonline.comMay 5, 2013 

— An assault warrant has been prepared for a York man accused of attacking a McConnells woman after a birthday party last week, leaving her with scratches on her chest and a numb face, according to police.

Last Sunday, a 32-year-old woman went to the police station and told authorities she was assaulted by a man she knows at a Settlemyre Place home, according to a York police report.

The woman said a man, 26, became upset about lost or stolen money and pushed the woman’s sister in a closet when she said something about the money.

The woman went to her sister’s defense, but the man allegedly shoved her away while in the kitchen, the report states. As the woman and her sister left the home, she said the man ran up to the car in the driveway, reached through the open driver’s side window and punched the woman in the face.

She declined medical attention but said her face was numb, the report states. Police also noticed a scratch on her chest.

Police determined that the man doesn’t live at the Settlemyre Place home but was there for a birthday party, the report states. Police prepared a warrant for third-degree assault and battery, and told the woman to come back to the police station if her face develops bruises.

Court records show the man has not been arrested.

The Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service