The Tega Cay Lions Club will host its 39th annual Senior Citizens Christmas Party 1:30-3:30 p.m. Dec. 2 and 3 at Grace Presbyterian Church, S.C. 160 West in Fort Mill. Seniors from across York County are invited.
The two-day event includes refreshments, bingo, a live show by the Copy Cats, a visit from Santa and goody bags. For more information, call Janet Pritchard at 803-431-6120.
• A community Thanksgiving dinner for those in need will be 4 p.m. Saturday at The Freedom Center, 215 E. Main St., Rock Hill. Those who attend will be given a bag of groceries with any leftover non-perishable donations given to area shelters and the Children’s Attention Home.
• Good Folks of York County will raise money for two local charities at its annual lunch Dec. 4 in the Richardson Ballroom at Winthrop University’s DiGiorgio Center.
Cost is $30 and reservations are due Friday. Buffet lines open at 11:45 a.m.
Proceeds will go to the Adult Enrichment Center in Rock Hill for a sheltered walkway to protect disabled adults from inclement weather and to the Palmetto Pregnancy Center in Rock Hill for ultrasound equipment and training.
Established more than 25 years ago, the all-volunteer Good Folks of York County raises money each year for deserving charities.
For information or to register for the lunch, go to goodfolksofyorkcounty.com or send a check to Good Folks of York County, P.O. Box 11528, Rock Hill, SC 29731-1528. All donations are tax deductible.
• Artists John and Jan Myers will have a holiday open house, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 29 and 30 at their farm, 1281 Legion Road, Hickory Grove.
In addition to the Myers’ pottery, work by sculptor Jonathan Williams will be available. For information go to myersart.net or call 803-985-2274.
• Dairy Barn Crafts Show will be 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 30 at the Anne Springs Close Greenway Dairy Barn, 250 Dairy Barn Lane, Fort Mill. Information: 803-547-1169.
• Bethesda Volunteer Fire Department will have a turkey shoot, 6:30-10 p.m. Saturday at Bethesda Station No. 1, 1705 S.C. 324, Rock Hill. Each shot costs $5-$10 depending on the prize. Shotgun shells are provided. Concessions will be sold.
• Perfect Presents Craft Fair will be 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 7 at York Intermediate School, 1280 Johnson Road, York. Vendors welcome. For information, call 803-242-7190.
• Covenant Presbyterian Men of the Church’s annual smoked turkey sale will be Tuesday and Wednesday at the church on the corner of Celanese and Mount Gallant Roads, Rock Hill.
Turkeys are $30 and weigh 10-12 pounds. To reserve a turkey, call 803-366-8223. Quantities are limited.
• Pizza Man in Clover will donate 20 percent of its proceeds from 4-9 p.m. Dec. 5 to Relay for Life of Western York County.
• A Winter Coat Drive for Safe Passage in Rock Hill will run through Dec. 13 at Fort Mill Ford, 801 Gold Hill Road. All sizes are needed for children and women. Coats can be dropped off 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday.
• York Comprehensive High School will host the University of South Carolina Concert Choir along with five area high school choirs at 7 p.m. Monday in the school auditorium.
Participating choirs are Fort Mill, Northwestern, South Pointe, Rock Hill and York. Each will perform selections prior to the USC Choir performance. Admission is $3 at the door.
• Winthrop University Vision of Prayze Gospel Choir’s fifth annual Fall Gospel Concert will be 5 p.m. Nov. 24 at Flint Hill Baptist Church, 1214 Flint Hill St., Rock Hill. Free admission.
• United Way of York County’s Sleigh Bell Network, partnering with WRHI’s Toys for Happiness Program and The Herald’s Empty Stocking Fund, will begin taking applications for holiday assistance at the following locations:
Family Resource Center, ParentSmart, 410 E. Black St., Rock Hill: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 6. Phone number is 803-980-2079.
Family Resource Center, Parenting Partnerships, 37 Pinckney St., York: noon-3 p.m., Dec. 6. Phone number is 803-684-1504.
Applicants must live in York County and be the parent or legal guardian of an eligible child, age birth to 14. Applicant must sign up at one location and with no other assistance program. Photo ID and proof of income is required, as well as Social Security card for applicant and for each eligible child, as well as birth certificate for each eligible child. For additional information, call 803-980-8697.
Toys for all ages and $10 gift cards are greatly needed. Last year more than 2,700 local children received gifts through this community-supported effort.
Volunteer opportunities are available to collect and pack gift bags.
For information or volunteer group times, contact email@example.com or call 803-554-2803.
• North Central Family Medical Center will host a class on the details and application process for the Affordable Care Act at 10 a.m. Saturday at 1121 Saluda St., Rock Hill. Walk-ins welcome.
• The United Way of York County is accepting requests for new agency program funding for 2014-15.
To apply, contact Rebecca Melton, president and CPO, at 803-324-2735 or email Rmelton@unitedwayofyc.org, before submitting the eligibility packet, .
Agencies must meet United Way of York County criteria which includes non-profit 501(C)3 status, serve residents of York County, be registered with the SC Secretary of State Office, provide agency DUNS number, meet financial accounting standards, and practice nondiscrimination.
For more complete requirements and to download the eligibility packet, go to unitedwayofyc.org.
• The Rock Hill Shag Club will host a black and white Fifth Saturday Party 8 p.m. Nov. 30 at Celebrations at Ramada Inn. Dinner will be roast beef or pork. The event includes a battle of the DJ’s, 50/50 drawing and free shooters. Cost is $10. Dressy attire not required.
• Clover Woman’s Club Christmas Dinner will be 6:30 p.m. Dec. 5 at Concord Cove. For information call Windy Bartee at 803-222-7533
• New Covenant Missionary Baptist Church will host a Youth Empowerment program 2 p.m. Saturday at 315 Little St., Rock Hill. Open to the community.
• The Tega Cay Beautification Committee will host a free garden class at 6:45 p.m. Monday in the lower level meeting room of Glennon Community Center, 15083 Molokai Drive. Open to everyone. Light refreshments served. For information, email Jennifer Stalford at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kline Whitehead at 704-287-7432.
• The York County Animal Shelter needs volunteers to help with bathing, grooming, exercising, socializing, training, providing adoption information, and assisting in follow-ups, publicity and marketing, and various other jobs at the shelter. Volunteers must be 18 or older, and orientation and training are required. For information, call 803-628-3190 or go to the shelter at 713 Justice Blvd., York.
• The Rock Hill chapter of Finley High School alumni will meet 5 p.m. Monday at Jackson’s Cafeteria 1735 Heckle Blvd., Rock Hill. For information, call Charlie M. Robinson at 803-327-4547 or James T. Dunham at 704-232-0793.
• The Robinson/Gladden Family Reunion Committee will meet 2 p.m. Saturday at 2170 Neelys Creek Road, Rock Hill. All family members are encourage to attend. For information contact Charlie M. Robinson at 803-327-4547, Robert Robinson at 803-328-8759 or Lucille Robinson Hooper at 803-789-5335.
• The Emmett Scott High School class of 1961 will celebrate a 70th Birthday Bash 6-9 p.m. Dec. 14 at Bannon Hall, across from St. Mary Catholic Church, Rock Hill. Wear Christmas attire for a Christmas meal and fellowship.
Cost is $20. Make check or money order payable to ESHS Class of 1961 and mail to PO Box 344, Rock Hill, SC 29731. RSVP with payment by Dec. 2. For information, call Gracie Barber Reid at 803-327-7827 or email email@example.com and Margaret Crawford Parson at 803-327-4228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Northwestern/Rock Hill High class of 1973 40th reunion, 7 to 11 p.m. Dec. 28 at Hilton Garden Inn. Cost is $50 per person. RSVP by Nov. 20. Semi-formal dress. For information, call Debra at 803-517-0160, Brenda at 803-412-0327, Sandra at 803-370-0673, Betty at 704-281-7024 or Margaret at 803-367-3928.
• Safe Passage in Rock Hill will host a weekly sexual assault survivors support group from 6-7 p.m. Tuesdays at 104 Oakland Ave., next to the Varsity restaurant. Participants must be 18 or older. For information, call Safe Passage at 803-329-3336.
• Alateen meets from 8-9 p.m. Thursdays at Zoar Road Club, 14701 Thomas Road, Charlotte. Meetings are for two age groups: 6-12 and 13 and older. For information, call Lisa at 803-547-2124 or Sandy at 704-904-7834.
• Al-Anonmeets at 8 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays at Serenity Club, Rock Hill; noon Tuesdays upstairs at Oakland Avenue Presbyterian Church, Rock Hill; 8 p.m. Mondays at Grace Presbyterian Church, S.C. 160, Fort Mill; and at 8 p.m. Tuesdays in the house beside First Baptist Church, 121 Monroe White St., Fort Mill.
• Rock Hill Gamblers Anonymous meets 7:15 p.m. Thursdays at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 1830 Celanese Road.
• New Path divorce and separation support group meets 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays, room 302-304 at First Baptist Church, 481 Hood Center Drive, Rock Hill. For information, call Jamie Burdette at 803-327-7181 or email email@example.com.
Send Community News items to communitynews@herald online.com or to 132 W. Main St., Rock Hill, SC 29730. Deadline for the Thursday column is 5 p.m. Monday. Deadline for the Sunday column is 5. p.m. Wednesday.