Toilet paper dispenser set on fire at Rock Hill High

rsouthmayd@heraldonline.comFebruary 18, 2014 

A "small fire" was reported at Rock Hill High School on Tuesday morning, said district spokesperson Elaine Baker.

The fire was started in a student bathroom by the cafeteria. Someone set a toilet paper dispenser on fire, Baker said.

Because the dispenser itself was plastic, the fire produced a lot of "black smoke," and the "B" building, which is one of several that make up the school, was evacuated.

By 10:30 a.m., all students were back in class. The classes in the building where the fire occurred were relocated to the school's auditorium to be sure all of the smoke was cleared.

No one was hurt and there will be an investigation into the incident, Baker said.

Students at Rock Hill High took to Twitter to say the school was "on fire" and shared pictures of students in the hallway with black smoke along the ceiling. Read their tweets:

The Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service