• Free community lunch, noon-2 p.m. Saturday at Bethany ARP Church, 1454 N. S.C. 161, Clover. Soup, sandwich and dessert will be provided. For information, contact email@example.com.
• An inaugural Teen Summit,hosted by Marietta Massey Youth Council at the Elk Home, will be 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, 1644 Ogden Road, Rock Hill. Guest panelists include Dr. Ray Feaster, medical director at Presbyterian Novant Inpatient Care Specialists; Reggie McKnight, McKnight Law Firm; and Army Chief Warrant Officer Fernando Barrow. RSVP to eventbrite.com. For information, call Carlotta Ervin at 803-524-3253
• The Salvation Army spaghetti supper, postponed last Friday, will be 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday at 119 S. Charlotte Ave., Rock Hill. Plates are $6 and include spaghetti, salad, bread and dessert. Proceeds go to the men’s and women’s ministries.
• Clover Chapter No. 138 Order of the Eastern Star will have a Poor Man’s Supper 5-7 p.m. Saturday at the Alpine Masonic Lodge No. 208, 502 N. Main St. Menu: pinto beans, vegetable soup, cornbread, slaw, dessert and drink. Cost: $7 for all-you-can-eat. Dine-in or take-out available. For information, contact David or Kathy Wallace at 803-222-3516.
• DIVAS Total Sisterhood will have clothing and coat drive and a concert, noon-2 p.m. Saturday at 315 Glenn St., Rock Hill. In addition there will be giveaways and a drawing for a $25 gas card. All gently used clothing donated will be given to area clothing ministries.
• Daughter of Isis, PHA of Menzel Court No. 153 will have a Chinese auction, 1-4 p.m. Saturday at Menzel Temple, 1535 Neely’s Creek Road, Rock Hill. Tickets are $5. For information, call 803-370-0449 or 803-329-4477.
• Southern Sweet Tea and Pearls, a traditional Southern tea hosted by the York County Woman’s Club, will be 2 p.m. April 12 at the home of Judy McCardle, 471 Lakeside Drive, Rock Hill. Tickets are $25. For reservations, call Judy at 803-493-6530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds benefit Safe Passage and Tender Hearts.
• The 20th anniversary “Be Irish for a Night,” Pilgrims’ Inn fundraiser will be 6:30 p.m. March 15 at St. Anne Parish Life Center, 1696 Bird St., Rock Hill. The event includes a corned beef and cabbage dinner, homemade Irish soda bread and desserts, wine, beer, soft drinks, coffee, Irish dancers, Irish music, live and silent auctions, 50/50 split the pot, and door prizes. Tickets are $40, of which $30 is tax deductible. For tickets and sponsorships contact Ronnie at 803-327- 7002 or email@example.com.
• The Western York County branch of the NAACP executive board meeting will be 6 p.m. Thursday at Wesley United Methodist Church with the regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. For information, call Wanda Simril at 803-684-6200.
• S.C. Sen. Wes Hayes and S.C. Rep. Ralph Norman are sponsoring a public forum on Common Core Standards, 7-9 p.m. Monday at Laurel Creek, Rock Hill.
Jane Robbins with American Principles Project and Sheri Few, South Carolina Parents Involved in Education president will present the opposition.
Judy Mobley, Rock Hill School District’s executive director of secondary education and Clover School District assistant superintendent Sheila Quinn will speak in favor.
• The York County Board of Disabilities and Special Needs will meet 7 p.m. Feb. 27 at the Administration Building, 7900 Park Place Road in the East York Industrial Park, off S.C. 5 in York. Open to the public.
• The Rock Hill branch of the NAACP general meeting will be 5 p.m. Feb. 23 at Bannon Hall across from St. Mary Catholic Church, 902 Crawford Road. For information, contact Sandra Oborokumo at 803-325-2855. The youth division will meet at 4 p.m. Feb. 23 at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 902 Crawford Road. For information, contact Deborah Saunders at 803-517-5014.
• The York Soil and Water Conservation District commissioners will meet at 4:30 p.m. Feb. 24 at the USDA Service Center, 1460 E. Alexander Love Hwy., York. Open to the public. For information, contact Barbara O’Connell at 803-684-3137 ext. 101.
• Memory Makers Choir for senior citizens meets 11 a.m. Thursdays at Westminster Academy of the Arts, 1320 India Hook Road, Rock Hill. The group is free to join.
Auditions for Come-See-Me’s Broadway Night talent show April 10 are Tuesday and Feb. 27. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 803-329-7625 to schedule an audition.
• Tega Cay Vintage Club dinner meeting will Wednesday in the Phil Glennon Community Center with cocktails at 6:15 p.m. and dinner at 7. Entertainment will be singer Les Marple. Membership is open to residents of Tega Cay. For information, call Julia Rietz at 803-396-0203 or email email@example.com. Annual dues of $15 are due by April 1.
• AARP Drivers Safety Program will be offer three classes next week for ages 26 and older. Participants will get certificates that may reduce the insurance rate on collision and liability coverage. Cost is $15 for for AARP members and $20 for nonmembers. Registration is required.
9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday at Toyota of Rock Hill, 640 Galleria Blvd., Rock Hill. To register, contact Gerald Hensley at 803-789-5810.
9 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 28 at Cox Harley-Davidson, 1178 Galleria Blvd., Rock Hill. To register, contact W.T. Holmes at 864-993-6703 or Donald Hunt at 803-329-4405.
9 a.m.-1 p.m. Feb. 28 at York Public Library, East Liberty Street. To register, contact Gerald Kempt at 803-684-9512
• The AARP Tax Aid program will offer free federal and state income tax preparation 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through April 15, at the Fort Mill Library in Baxter Village. The last client is taken at 3:30 p.m. Bring 2013 tax return, picture IDs, Social Security cards for all being claimed, 1099s, 1098s, W-2s and any other proof of deductions or income.
• Free federal and state tax preparation for low and moderate income taxpayers age 60 and older will be offered 12:30-3:30 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursday, throughApril 3 at the Adult Education Center at the Flexible Learning Center, 1234 Flint St. Ext. Bring 2013 tax return, picture IDs, Social Security cards for all being claimed, 1099s, 1098s, W-2s, and any other proof of deductions or income. No appointment necessary.
• The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program for low-income, elderly and handicapped taxpayers will be offered 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30-4:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, through April 15 at Rock Hill City Hall Wellness Center; and 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturdays, Feb. 1-22, at Rock Hill Galleria, 2301 Dave Lyle Blvd.; Leroy Springs Recreation Complex, 971 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill; and the Clover Public Library, 107 Knox St.
• Hospice & Community Care will offer a one-day volunteer training session 9 a.m.-4 p.m. March 20 at Hospice & Community Care Campus, 2275 India Hook Road, Rock Hill. Volunteers provide customer service at the Resale Shops, serve in the Wayne T. Patrick Hospice House, knit Prayer Shawls, help with fundraisers and community education, and other opportunities with flexible schedules. For information, call 803-329-1500 or 800-895-2273 or to register by March 17.
• The York County Animal Shelter needs volunteers to help with bathing, grooming, exercising, socializing, training, providing adoption information, and assisting in follow-ups, publicity and marketing, and various other jobs at the shelter. Volunteers must be 18 or older, and orientation and training are required. For information call 803-628-3190 or go to the shelter at 713 Justice Boulevard, York.
• Agape Senior will host a drop-in for volunteers, 1-6 p.m. Feb. 27 at Agape Senior Assisted Living Rock Hill, 1785 Lexington Commons Drive, Rock Hill. Kay Lee, volunteer manager, will be available to answer your questions about the volunteer ministry. For information, call 803-517-2021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Partners in Business health and wellness fair will be 8 a.m.-noon March 12 in the Palmetto Room in downtown Rock Hill. The event includes health screenings, health information and door prizes. Free admission.
• The Finley High School class of 1964 will meet at noon Saturday at the Golden Corral, 1031 N. Anderson Road, Rock Hill. Classmates are encouraged to attend to plan the 50th reunion. For information contact Charlie M. Robinson at 803-327-4547, James Mayfield at 803-374-1090 or Kater Wylie Cornwell at 704-661-7701.
• Safe Passage in Rock Hill will host a weekly sexual assault survivors support group 6-7 p.m. Tuesdays at 104 Oakland Ave., next to the Varsity restaurant. Participants in the support group meeting must be 18 or older. For information call Safe Passage at 803-329-3336.
• Alateen meets from 8-9 p.m. Thursdays at Zoar Road Club, 14701 Thomas Road, Charlotte. Meetings are for two age groups: 6-12 and 13 and older. For information call Lisa at 803-547-2124 or Sandy at 704-904-7834.
• Al-Anonmeets at 8 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays at Serenity Club, Rock Hill; noon Tuesdays upstairs at Oakland Avenue Presbyterian Church, Rock Hill; 8 p.m. Mondays at Grace Presbyterian Church, S.C. 160, Fort Mill; and at 8 p.m. Tuesdays in the house beside First Baptist Church, 121 Monroe White St., Fort Mill.
• New Path divorce and separation support group meets 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays, room 302-304 at First Baptist Church, 481 Hood Center Drive, Rock Hill. For information call Jamie Burdette at 803-327-7181 or email email@example.com.
Send Community News items to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 132 W. Main St., Rock Hill, SC 29730. Deadline for the Thursday column is 5 p.m. Monday. Deadline for the Sunday column is 5 p.m. Wednesday.