Fort Lawn camper fire sends two people to hospitals

jzou@heraldonline.comMarch 19, 2014 

— Two people were injured after a fire broke out in a camper in Fort Lawn late Tuesday, according to authorities.

Chester County EMS arrived on scene and transported one severely burned patient to Wake Forest Burn Center in North Carolina. Another patient was transported to a local hospital.

Fort Lawn Fire Chief Allen Culp said that when his department arrived on scene, the fire in the camper had already been put out by one of the people involved in the blaze.

A burned couch in the camper was also found.

Culp said one of the people wasseverely burned when he put his back to a gas stove while cooking and his shirt caught on fire. The other person burned his or her hands.

Jie Jenny Zou •  803-329-4062

The Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service