2 charged in Rock Hill shooting

jmcfadden@heraldonline.comJune 10, 2014 

— Two Rock Hill men have been arrested in connection with a shooting reported last week that sent two men to the hospital, one of them with life-threatening injuries, police said.

Police on Tuesday charged Daquece Agurs, 21, and Nasia Crosby, 18, with two counts each of attempted murder and one count each of possession of a firearm during a violent crime, according to a Rock Hill Police Department news release. Bond was denied Wednesday morning.

Last Thursday night, police were sent to 632 E. White Street after learning that two people had been shot. When they arrived, they found Brian Lagrant White, 26, who lives at the White Street home, and Shann Jamar Hood, 28, of Charlotte suffering from gunshot wounds.

One of the victims was shot in the arm, and the other was shot twice in the chest. The victim shot in the chest was taken to Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, where he was listed in critical condition. By last Friday, he was recovering.

Witnesses have come forward and helped police piece together details of the shooting that resulted in charges filed, said Rock Hill Police Executive Officer Mark Bollinger. Police are still unable to comment on a motive.

Weapons were not recovered from the scene of the shooting, but a Rock Hill Police report shows that a digital scale used to weigh drugs was found discarded in the garden of a nearby business.

The scale, the report states, matched a similar scale found at the crime scene.

Records with the State Law Enforcement Division show that Crosby in 2013 was charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon. He pleaded guilty in January and received credit for 77 days he had already spent in jail. Two months ago, he was arrested and charged with minor in possession of liquor and transporting alcohol in a motor vehicle while the seal is broken. Those charges, court records show, are still pending.

Agurs in 2012, records show, was convicted of strong arm robbery and burglary and sentenced under the Youthful Offender Act to one year of probation.

That same year, he was charged with attempted murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime when police accused him in connection with a shootout at a Maple Street home. During the fray, a man who told police he was walking his dog was struck in the leg with a bullet and hospitalized. Agurs' charges were later dismissed, according to court records.

The Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service