Serving the Bethel and Lake Wylie communities
• Soccer and softball registrations are coming to a close. Online registration continues for soccer through March 7, while softball ends Friday.
• We are going to offer a Little League Challenger Division this year. The Challenger Division was established in 1989 as a separate division of Little League Baseball to enable boys and girls with physical and mental disabilities, aged 5 to18 or the completion of high school, to enjoy the game of baseball. We are looking for volunteers to help get this going, as well as families of special needs children who would like to participate. Contact email@example.com
Never miss a local story.
• We are growing really fast, looking to add about 30 percent to last year's participation. We project nearly 900 children in our programs this year, and LWAA is a 100 percent volunteer organization. We are accumulating a lot of equipment and uniforms, and playing space is running out fast. We are asking our neighbors to help us find storage space that is somewhat climate controlled, meaning not cooking hot in the summer. We could use about 1,000 square feet with room for shelves and large doors to move in and out. If you have a building you could donate, call Jack Sugameli at 803-389-8176.
• We also are looking for land. We need a home with fields and concessions, and an office. For a field complex, we need 10 acres or more. One baseball field takes two acres. We have the means to develop the property, and grant money is available for improvements. If you have land you could donate, call Jack Sugameli at 803-389-8176.
• Our spring calendar is posted online. We have included dates for tryouts, in-person registrations, and beginning of practices and opening day. Everything is happening earlier this year, so check it out and don't get left behind.
We are always looking for continued support. If you would like to donate cash, goods or services, call 803-831-9298. To volunteer, go to eteamz.com/lwaa for the form.