This year is proving to be another busy one for the chamber, and one that brings change and opportunities for our members.
The chamber collaborated with the Lake Wylie Pilot and C2C Development, owned by Jeff DeSart, and launched the Going Green initiative at Lake Wylie to coincide with St Patrick's Day.
The Going Green effort is intended to provide information, ideas, tips and efforts that lead to saving money, creating new business and job opportunities for the future, and to make a difference in our community and for the planet. Visit the chamber's Web site at lakewyliesc.com to view the information and articles. A Going Green survey also is available online.
With the help of one of the chamber's newest members, Dubois and Company, owned by Jane McCarthy, the chamber launched its new "e-newsletter" in March. This paperless and efficient method of communicating has been well received by our members. Communications such as invitations, meeting reminders, e-newsletter and information can now be sent in a flash to keep our members informed and updated. McCarthy will be available from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through April and May at the chamber to assist members with e-marketing needs, Web sites, blogs and sales efforts for small businesses. E-marketing saves time and money by eliminating postage and printing charges, and is an efficient and fast way to reach target markets. She is looking forward to assisting the chamber's small business members.
Never miss a local story.
In March, the chamber collaborated with River Hills Country Club to present the first "Weddings at the Lake" Bridal Showcase. This was another way to creatively support our members who benefit from the wedding industry. This may become an annual or semi- annual event.
The chamber's Visitor Center has expanded hours to Saturdays. The chamber is collaborating with the York County Visitor and Convention Bureau to have increased support and staffing at the Lake Wylie Visitor Center. Up to this point, the center has been staffed and maintained by the chamber. The center is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. This busy gateway attracts many visitors to the area. The many publications and new Lake Wylie Map are available. York County was a premiere sponsor of the new Lake Wylie map.
The chambers's business suites have one available office left to rent. The beautifully furnished offices were well received and five of the six offices were rented by February. Call the chamber at 803-831-2827 if you would like to tour the business center.
The chamber has a full schedule of events and activities this year. Members are referred and visitors helped daily. Drop by the chamber office some time soon.
Lake Wylie Chamber of Commerce Spring Appreciation Day Luncheon and Fashion Show
- presented by -
Bank of York and Watson Insurance
Wednesday, April 22 Noon to 1:30 p.m.
River Hills Country Club
Not for women only!
Fashion show by Alta of Rock Hill and The Men's Shop of York with local male and female models
Music by Carol Chase, pianist
Door Prizes • Lots of Fun!
Great way to entertain or thank clients, customers, staff and vendors.
$20 per person
$300 for corporate table with signage
Call 803-831-2827 or e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
ON THE CALENDAR
Spring Luncheon and Fashion Show
River Hills Country Club
Fashions by Alta of Rock Hill and The Men's Shop of York
Sponsored by Bank of York and Watson Insurance
Business After Hours
Gold Hill Road and I-77
Camp Thunderbird and River Hills
Premier sponsor is Carolinas Medical Center
Business After Hours
River Hills Marina Club picnic pavilion
Sponsored by River Hills Marina, T-Bones on the Lake, Lake Wylie Marina and Q-2-U Catering
Lake Wylie Fourth of July Fireworks
Launch from Camp Thunderbird
Best viewing at Buster Boyd Bridge Access, decks at T-Bones on the Lake,
Rey Azteca, Lake Wylie Pizza & Italian Restaurant at Lake Wylie Plaza
• Robert Vincent, ACSM certified instructor, has opened Advanced Massage & Bodywork Inc. at 4543 Charlotte Hwy., suite 12, Lake Wylie. The business specializes in integrative massage therapy and personal fitness training and offers restorative massage therapy, deep tissue and sports massage, functional and sports specific training, and core fitness and flexibility exercise. By appointment. Call 704-969-2472.
• The professionals of Botanical Images Inc. have more than 19 years of landscaping experience in designing, installing and maintaining manicured properties. If you are looking for anything from lawn care (mowing, trimming, weeding, seeding, fertilizing) to landscaping that will increase the value of your property, call 704-287-1372 or visit botanical-images.com to see examples of the company's landscaping work.
• C2C Development LLC offers LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) auditing, consulting and contracting to analyze the built environment and supply new environments. The company's mission is to improve the built environment for both the occupants who use it and the natural resources that are harvested to make and surround it. If you are interested in making your next building or home a high-performance structure that outperforms the market in providing lower operating costs, contact company founder and CEO Jeffrey DeSart at 803-656-5211 or visit c2cdevelopsgreen.com.
• Does your business need some "inside" help but is not ready to hire "inside" staff? Dubois and Company provides assistance to small businesses for marketing or sales projects. Expertise in e-mail marketing, Web sites, copywriting and editing, word processing, desktop publishing and blogs are all part of what Dubois and Company can offer your business. Call Jane DuBois McCarthy at 704-287-8668 for an appointment for a free consultation, or visit duboisandco.com for more info.
• Lake Wylie Athletic Association provides instructional and competitive sports programs for children aged 5 to 14 in the Lake Wylie and Bethel communities. Activities include baseball, softball, soccer, football and cheerleading. LWAA is chartered through Little League Baseball and Pop Warner Football/Cheerleading. A column appears every week in Lake Wylie Pilot. Call 803-831-9298 or visit lwsports.org.
• Selling your home can be a stressful and challenging experience. Now you can turn the process of getting your home ready to show over to Lake Wylie Home Staging. Owner Joan Inglis and her team of tradespeople will work with you to provide services from cleaning, packing, painting and landscaping to renovations, window treatment and furniture rental. Call 803-628-8053 or visit lakewyliehomestaging.com.
• Mastercraft Custom Carpentry specializes in KraftMaid kitchen and bath cabinetry and remodeling. The company is located at 4582 Charlotte Hwy. in Lake Wylie. Visit the company's Web site at mastercraftcarpentry.com to see attractive examples of kitchens and baths that Mastercraft can craft for you, or call owner Stephen Lorusso at 803-631-4112.
• Medical Gas Training & Consulting LLC offers training for medical installers, maintenance workers, architects, engineers and inspectors and is committed to the utmost in patient safety. The company also offers consulting on medical gas systems. Call Training Coordinator Connie Miller at 803-746-5562 for more information. Also, visit medgastraining.com to learn more about this valuable service.
• Microtel Inns & Suites offers accommodations for overnight and weekly stays. Located on Riverview Road in Rock Hill, Microtel is conveniently close to I-77, Charlotte and the airport. As with all Microtel Inns & Suites, this hotel offers free wireless Internet and free local phone calls, free breakfast and comfortable bedding to soothe you at the end of a long day. Call General Manager Dilip Patel at 803-817-7700 for reservations.
• N2 Publishing is America's leading provider of specialty publications for Homeowner's Associations. Since 2004, N2 has become the largest producer of neighborhood magazines in the country. Sherry Johnson is director of N2 Publishing in the Charlotte area. Contact her at 704-964-4102 if you are a homeowner or property manager of a neighborhood who would like to know more, or a business that would like to deliver its message to exclusive communities.
• TheraCare Home Health & Staffing has opened a new office in Lake Wylie at 1308 Village Harbor Drive. TheraCare is all about home care, providing personal care and assisted daily living in the home. Services include bathing, dressing, grooming, feeding, light housekeeping and home management. TheraCare also offers life and health insurance. To learn more, call 803-831-9036 or visit theracare.biz.