Serving the Bethel and Lake Wylie communities
• Lake Wylie Athletic Association football and cheerleading registration will be held during Crowders Creek Carnival from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday for new and returning football players and cheerleaders. To register, boys and girls must have completed 2009 registration forms, medical forms/ physicals, and a copy of their birth certificate. Registration forms are available online at lwsports.org. Uniforms and equipment will be on display and preseason calendars will be given out. There is no draft in Pop Warner so all teams will be assigned on a first-come basis. Contact Kim Pennington at email@example.com for more information. The next registration date is May 6 at Anytime Fitness.
• If you are interested in coaching football or cheerleading, please fill out the online coach's application. A series of meetings will be held in the next few weeks to review what is new for 2009 and welcome new coaches coming from Clover and Xtreme.
Never miss a local story.
• Mark your calendars for the LWAA's second annual golf tournament May 29 at River Hills Country Club. Sponsors and teams are being accepted. Information is available online. Only 25 teams will be accepted.
• LWAA night at Knights Stadium will be held May 23. Tailgating begins at 4 p.m. with teams walking the field at 6:30 p.m. The game begins at 7:15 p.m. Coaches will be receiving ticket order information the week of April 27.
• Don't forget to ask your coach or team mom about the LWAA car magnets for baseball, softball and soccer available for $5.
• Baseball Game results for April 9
Mets 16, Pirates 12. Zack Conrad had three hits, and Gregg Middleton scored three runs for the Mets. Ethan Zazzaro pitched three solid innings for the Mets with Frank Sugameli making some great hustle plays at third base. Jake Barton and Anthony Farmer each hit home runs for the Pirates. John Mark Trainer led the Pirates in pitching.
• Upcoming dates:
Saturday: Football and cheerleading sign-ups at Crowders Creek Spring Carnival 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
May 6: Football and cheerleading sign-ups at Anytime Fitness.
May 23: LWAA Night at Charlotte Knights Stadium.
May 29: LWAA Golf Tournament.
June 8-12: LWAA/ Clover High School baseball camp
We are always looking for continued support. We are still seeking a storage/office building. If you have or know someone who has some property, please contact us. If you would like to donate money, goods or services, call 803-831-9298. To volunteer, go to eteamz.com/lwaa for the form and mail to LWAA, P.O. Box 5299, Lake Wylie, SC 29710.