Serving the Bethel and Lake Wylie communities
• Football and cheer sign-ups continue from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the River Hills Community Church gymnasium. We are the only local organization that meets the stringent requirements and has received the endorsement of Pop Warner Football.
• The LWAA end-of-season tailgate and night with the Knights starts at 5 p.m. May 31 in Lot 1.
• The LWAA Junior League boys of 13- and 14- year-olds split the first Double Header of the year with the Fort Mill Juniors. We won the second game 13-12 on a great pitching effort by Riley M. and heads-up base running throughout the game. Thanks to Coach Van Dyke and Clover High School for supporting our efforts.
Never miss a local story.
• Major League: no results reported.
• Minor League: Mets 18, Reds 17. The Mets and Reds have gone back and forth all season and this game was no exception. The Mets started the game off with bases loaded and a Grand Slam Home Run from Dylan. The Reds answered with 5 runs of their own in the second. Mets gave up their lead in the fifth but rallied back in the sixth, and held the Reds for the win.
CK Tigers 23, Braves 18. The Tigers (8-2) were lead on the mound by Eric Probert and Mary Maginnis and had clutch hitting by Billy George and Griffin Bailey. The Braves were lead by catchers Mac MacGarrity and JT Singelton. Michael Sannella added clutch hitting for the Braves.
• Coach Pitch: Mets 6, Cardinals 4. This was a close match up. Mets were first on the board with two runs in the first followed by the Cardinals with two runs in the second inning. Mets forged ahead with four runs in fourth. Cardinals came back in the sixth with two runs.
May 12 -- Mets 11, Yankees 5. Both teams came off the bench hitting. Mets had eight hits answered by the Yankees with five hits. Derek (Y) and Corey (Y) each hit doubles. Arson (M), Brandon (M) and Andy (M) all went three-for-three at the plate. Tanner (M) went two-for-two for the first time this season.
May 16 --Mets 8, Diamondbacks 7. This was a great game and a nail biter right to the end. The Mets fought back with a solid defense that kept them alive for the win. Cole (D) went 3 for 3 at the plate; Luke (D) went 2 for 2. Andy (M), Weldon (M) and Bryan (M) hit doubles as did Greg (D) and Kaylee (D).
For information, call (803) 831-9298.