TEGA CAY--The Tega Cay Lions Club held its first Night of Honor at the Philip T. Glennon Community Center in Tega Cay to honor individuals who have served the community and state of South Carolina during the past year. The following Lions received awards:
• Phil Glennon, a donation was made to the city to be used for the community center in his honor
• Joe Gulasky, retention pin and banner mounted patch as past president
• Dale Watts and Hubert Graham, 25-year pins
• Barbara Watts, senior membership builder key
• Membership Excellence Pins (for sponsoring multiple new members) went to Joe Gulasky, Barbara Watts, Bob Runde and Megan Watts
The highest award presented by Lions International was created in 1973 in honor of the founder of Lions Clubs, Melvin Jones. The Melvin Jones Fellowship is an honor, not an award, established as the highest form of recognition to acknowledge dedication to humanitarian service. Bob Runde and Howard Jones received the honor.
The speaker was Roy Barnette, former international director of Lions Clubs International.