• Ninth grade football practice for Northwestern will begin at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday. Bring shorts and t-shirts. Practice will end at 7:30. Must have a physical. Call 981-1231 with any questions.
• Youth baseball players interested in trying out for the Carolina Reds 9U traveling baseball team for the 2007 Fall session, please be present at the Fire Station youth baseball field (on Cherry Rd.) across the street from Winthrop University's baseball field at 9:00 a.m., Saturday. Players will complete a skills evaluation and should be prepared before April 30, 2008 and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. If you have any question, please contact Michael Smith (803) 371-4272.
• There will be an open youth football camp from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Aug. 6-9 at Oakdale Elementary School for players ages 7-12. For more information, call (803) 371-5123 or (803) 242-4505.
• The York Parks and Recreation Department is now taking registration for its fall sports. The deadline to register is Aug. 15. There will be a late registration period held on Aug. 16-17 with an additional $10 fee added. For more information, call the Recreation Department at (803) 684-3742.
Never miss a local story.
• Baseball tryouts for the Carolina Reds 10U team will be at 6 p.m. on Aug. 1 at Westminster Softball field. For more information, contact David Prince at (803) 325-8005 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Clover Parks and Recreation will be conducting soccer, baseball and girls softball tryouts from now until Aug. 14. For more information, contact the department at (803) 222-9493 or visit leaguelineup.com.