• The Fort Mill High School Athletic Booster Club will have its first meeting at 4 p.m. Aug. 13th. The meeting will be in the sports medicine room adjacent to the gym. For more information, call (803) 548-1900.
• Tryouts for the Carolina Angels 12U softball team will be held from 6-7:30 p.m. Aug. 9 at Harris Street Park in Fort Mill. For more information, call (803) 487-2564.
• A football scrimmage between Rock Hill and Sumter will be at 6 p.m. Thursday at Castle Heights Middle School. A $2 admission will be charged.
• The Rosewood Lions are hosting a free football camp for youth ages 7-10 from 5-7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Rosewood Elementary School. Wear shorts and tennis shoes. For any information, contact Terry Arrants at (803) 366-7201.
Never miss a local story.
• York Comprehensive High School girls' basketball players in 8th-12th grade are invited to attend the South Carolina position camp on Aug. 25. Cost is $85 and a bus will leave from the York District Office at 7 a.m., returning around 8 p.m. Applications can be picked up at the YCHS front office or from uscsports.com. Reply to coach Paula Blackwell by Aug. 17th with a check, cash or money order made payable to YCHS Girls' Basketball. Campers will receive instruction from the USC coaching staff and players.
• Sullivan Middle School volleyball tryouts for 7th- and 8th-grade girls are from 5-6:30 p.m. Aug. 14. Completed physical form and parent's permission dated after April 1 are required.