• LWAA Pop Warner will hold the first of three registrations from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday at the school. All York County boys and girls aged 5-15 are invited to participate in football and cheerleading. Registrants must apply in person and bring a copy of their birth certificate. Photos will be taken for identification cards and boys must weigh in for team assignments. For more information, visit lwsports.org.
• York Comprehensive High School will hold athletic physicals for rising 10th- and 11th-graders at the school's fieldhouse from 2:30-5 p.m. today. Physicals for rising 7th- and 8th-graders will be held from 3:30-6 p.m. on April 22 (girls) and April 23 (boys) at Harold C. Johnson Middle School. Physicals for rising 9th-graders will be held April 24 at York Junior High. Cost is $25. Those with Medicaid cards should bring them, but insurance cards will not be accepted. Make checks out to Community Medical Foundation.
• The YMCA is taking registration for GRA-Y Cheerleading and Cheerleading Camp. Cheerleading Camp will begin on July 14 and conclude on July 18. Cost is $45 for members and $75 for non-members. Instructors are from Northwestern for GRA-Y and from Rock Hill and South Pointe for Small Fry and Pee Wee. Call (803) 329-9622 for more information.
• The Rock Hill Tennis Center has opened registration for camps for youth ages 8-18. The camps run weekly (Monday-Thursday) from June 9-Aug. 7. Prices range from $45 for one half-day session to $165 for four full days. Discounts are available for members and for families with two or more children participating. Shorter sessions for ages 4-7 are available at $12 per class ($10 for members). Dates and details are available on the Tennis Camp brochure at rockhillrocks.com or by calling the Tennis Center at (803) 326-3842.
Never miss a local story.
• Coach Bobby Carroll and his South Pointe Stallions are hosting a football camp for youngsters ages 7-14 on June 9-13. Camp begins at 8 a.m. each day and ends at noon. Participants will be given proper instruction by varsity football coaches on all phases of the game. The cost is $75, but only $65 for those who sign up before May 1. Also ask about the family rate if two or more from the same family plan to attend. The cost includes a T-shirt. Small Fry, Pee Wee and GRA-Y coaches are invited to bring their entire teams. To sign up or for more information, call (803) 980-2160.