• Rock Hill High School will have a baseball camp from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on June 16-19 for ages 9-13 at Rock Hill's field. Cost is $60 and $55 for a second family member. If you have questions, contact Eddie Hill at (803) 981-1300, (803) 329-5419 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is at 8:30 a.m. on June 16 at the baseball field.
• South Pointe cross country spring practice will be open for any rising 7th-12th-grader from 4:15-5:30 p.m. today at the South Pointe track.
• The USATF Junior Olympic State Track Meet will be at Winthrop on June 13-15. The top five qualifiers in every event and every age group advance to the regional meet that will be at South Pointe High School on July 10-13. The top five in this meet qualify for the national meet. State meet entries must be completed by Friday. Anyone who is interested should call (803) 517-8947.
• USTA Flex League adult tennis singles ladders are forming in York, Chester and Lancaster counties. Season runs June 8-Aug. 1 for ages 19 and up, NTRP levels 2.5-4.5. You and your opponent agree on date, location and time of match. You need not be a USTA member to participate. Cost is $35, USTA members get a $10 discount. Visit ustaflexleagues.com or call 1-877-FLEX-004 for more information. Local contact is Lissa Johnston at (803) 802-4365.
Never miss a local story.
• The Bearcat Backer Booster Club will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday in the new gym.
• There are plenty of spots available in all of Winthrop's summer baseball camps. Day Camp (ages 8-13) is from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on June 9-12. Cost is $185 and includes lunch, T-shirt or hat. Youth Camp (ages 4-7) is from 9 a.m.-noon on June 16-19. Cost is $115 and includes T-shirt or hat. High School Camp (students entering grades 9-12) is Aug. 4-6. Cost is $235 for a commuting camper and $290 for an overnighter. To find more information or to register, log on towinthropbaseballcamps.com or contact Kyle DiEduardo at (803) 323-2129, ext. 6318.