• The York Future Cougars Basketball Camp is from 9 a.m.-noon on June 16-19. The cost is $50 and includes a free T-shirt. Ages 5-9 should register at the JES gym from 8:30-9 a.m. and ages 10-15 should register at the YCHS gym from 8:30-9 a.m. on June 16. Call (803) 684-1505 or e-mail Paula Blackwell at email@example.com for more information.
• The York Comprehensive High School football team is hosting a youth football camp June 9-12. Ages are 7-14 with the times running from 9 a.m.-noon each day. Cost is $40, which includes a T-shirt. Contact John Barrett at (803) 684-1911 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• York Parks and Recreation Department will offer a soccer camp for boys and girls ages 7-16 on June 23-26 at Harold C. Johnson Middle School. The session for players ages 9-under will be held from 9 a.m.-noon and cost if $75 if received by June 1 ($85 after). The session for players ages 10-up will be held from 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Cost is $125 and the session and is recommended for high school players. Checks should be made payable to Pantuosco's Soccer Camp, 2666 Landing Pointe Dr., Lake Wylie, S.C., 29710. Players should bring their own cleats, water and sunscreen. Players staying until 2:30 p.m. must bring their own lunches and drinks. For more information about the soccer camp, contact Lou Pantuosco at (803) 524-6772, e-mail email@example.com or call York Parks and Recreation Department at (803) 684-3742.
• York Parks and Recreation Department will offer eight sessions of tennis lessons for boys and girls ages 7-18, beginning and intermediate players. All lessons will be held on Monday evenings beginning June 9. Lessons will be held from 6-7:30 p.m. at the YCHS tennis courts and will be taught by the Rock Hill Tennis Academy. Cost is $50 for four sessions, $60 for six sessions and $70 for eight sessions. Participants must register for a minimum of four sessions. Deadline is Friday. Registration is held at the York Recreation Center from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Make checks payable to York Parks and Recreation Department. Participants should bring their own water coolers and towels and provide their own rackets. Rackets may be provided upon request. For more information, call (803) 684-3742.
Never miss a local story.
• York Comprehensive High School is sponsoring a bus trip to see Cougar alumna Ivory Latta and the Atlanta Dream play Sacramento at 11 a.m. on July 22. Cost is $25 per person and includes a seat on a York District 1 activity bus and a ticket to the game. The bus will load at 5:45 a.m.-6 a.m. at York District Office. There are only 35 seats available, and girls in grades 7-12 who attend will get to stand in the tunnel as Atlanta comes onto the floor. Mail checks, made payable to YCHS girls basketball, and include names of persons attending to: York Comprehensive High School Attn: Paula Blackwell, 1010 Devinney Rd., York, S.C., 29745. If the bus is full, checks will be returned. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (803) 684-1505.
• The YMCA is taking registration for GRA-Y Cheerleading and Cheerleading Camp. Cheer Camp is from July 14-18. Cost for members is $45, non-members $50. Instructors are Northwestern High School for GRA-Y, Rock Hill and South Pointe for Small Fry and Pee Wee. If you have any questions regarding GRA-Y Cheerleading (5th-6th grade) or the Cheer Camp, call the YMCA at (803) 329-9622.
• Registration for Winthrop's women's basketball camps is now being accepted. Camps will be conducted for point guard and post play (grades 6-12) on June 13-15 and fundamental skills (grades 4-12) on June 16-19. Online registration and pricing is available at bluesombrero.com/winthrop. Contact assistant coach Chris Vozab for additional information at email@example.com or (803) 323-2129, ext. 6365.