• The final session of the Winthrop Randy Peele Basketball Camp will be held from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday. Cost is $175 and includes T-shirt, basketball and lunch each day. To print an application, go to winthropeagles.com and click the link to men's basketball. For more information, contact coach Paul Molinari at (803) 329-2129, ext. 6242, or at email@example.com.
• Registration for Rock Hill Parks, Recreation and Tourism's Fall Youth Sports begins Aug. 4 and runs through Aug. 29. The following are offered: football, $35, for ages 7-10 (age as of Nov. 30, 2008); recreation soccer, $35, for ages 5-13 (age as of Aug. 31, 2008); competitive soccer, $77, for ages 10-15 (age as of Aug. 1, 2008). Registration is taken during office hours at Manchester Meadows, the Cherry Park tower, the PRT Office (Room 390) at City Hall, and at the four recreation centers. First-time players should bring a copy of their birth certificate. A registration brochure with details is available at rockhillrocks.com. For more information, call (803) 326-3792 or (803) 329-5672. Volunteer coaches are also needed for these programs. Those interested in coaching should call Leslie Ballard at (803) 329-5673.
• Registration is being taken for the Winthrop Youth Fall Baseball League. The league is open to players ages 6-9 and begins on Monday. Cost is $145 and includes a team shirt and hat and at least eight games and six practices. The league will be organized by assistant coach Kyle DiEduardo and each team will be coached by Winthrop's players. For more information or to register, log onto winthropbaseballcamps.com. For questions, contact DiEduardo at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 323-2129, ext. 6318.
• This is the last week to register for Winthrop baseball's High School Baseball Camp. The camp will be held at The Winthrop Ballpark on Aug. 4-6 and is for any student entering the 9th-12th grades. For more information or to register online, visit winthropbaseballcamps.com. For a commuting camper, the cost is $235 and for an overnight camper, the cost is $290, which includes the price of hotel accomodations.
Never miss a local story.
• The annual Hornets Football huddle will be held from 6-7:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday at Lesslie School. For more information, call Van Brown at (803) 389-2649. It is open to the public and is for ages 6-12.
• The York Comprehensive High School girls golf team picture will be taken at YCHS Stadium at 10:15 a.m. on Aug. 8. Practice for returning players will start at 9 a.m. Aug. 11 at Spring Lake Country Club. First-year and returning players will practice at 4 p.m. starting Aug. 18 at SLCC.
• There is an open football camp for children ages 7-12 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday at Oakdale Elementary School. For more information, call Tracey Hudspeth at (803) 242-7385.
• The Rock Hill O's baseball team plays a home game at 4 p.m. today against the Kelton Tigers at Crawford Community Center on S.C. 72.