Christina Reynolds wanted her Facebook wall covered in pictures of socks last week.
For every picture of "crazy" socks that was tagged with her name, 10 cents went to her brother Aaron, 19, who was burned in a bonfire Dec. 29.
Sprague has been in the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta, Ga., since that night, when he and some friends were building a bonfire in a contained barrel at a Springdale Road home in Rock Hill.
Gary Sprague, Aaron's father, said his son had added new wood to the fire, then added gasoline, causing the fire to flare.
Aaron Sprague suffered first-, second- and third-degree burns on the upper half of his body, family members said. He was taken to Piedmont Medical Center before being transferred to the Georgia burn center.
Since then, Sprague has undergone multiple surgeries, said his aunt, Dawn Johnson.
"He has had numerous surgeries to remove the bad skin," she said "He has been in ICU for most of his stay."
Family, friends and acquaintances pitched in to help Sprague through Aaron's Burn Fund, which has raised more than $1,000 in two weeks. People can contribute to the fund by visiting any Founders Federal Credit Union branch, designating it to the Aaron M. Sprague Foundation, or online at aaronsburnfund.chipin.com/aarons-burn-fund.
"Crazy Socks for Aaron" was another fundraiser, this one designed by Reynolds, who is 22.
She wrote on her brother's Chip In fund page that her page was "covered in socks" and Rock Hill sure knew how to "rock her brother's socks."
The Patriot's Place on Facebook is making a donation to Sprague, who is enlisted in the Navy Reserves, for every purchase made.
In December, Gary Sprague said he and his wife expected to commute from Rock Hill to Augusta several times a week to visit their son.
All funds help them stay with their son as he recovers.
Sprague left the ICU on Saturday.
Johnson said Sprague is limited on the number of visitors he can receive.
"He has his good days and his bad," she said.
"I would like to thank everyone for their support and prayers."