▪ The annual Chester County Memorial Day ceremony will be 11 a.m. Monday in the foyer of the Chester County War Memorial building, 154 Main St. Chester High School ROTC will present the colors. Local veteran will unveil the Memorial Monuments and place weaths. The Chester County Marine Corps “Devil Dogs’ will place flags on the graves of veterans 10 a.m. Thursday in Memorial Gardens. The event is sponsored by Chester County Veterans Affairs, American Legion Post 27, Disabled American Veterans Chapter 19, United States Marine Corps League-Detachment 1161 and the Ladies auxiliaries.
▪ The York County Veterans Advisory Council annual Memorial Day Ceremony to honor fallen heroes, 3:45 p.m. Sunday at Lakeview Memory Gardens, 1774 Filbert Highway, York. There will be patriotic music by Judy Goode and Annette Marlow, prayers, color and honor guards, flowers and remembrances. Guest speaker, Col. Melinda Woodhurst, is a Bronze Star recipient who served two combat tours and current York County Veterans Service Officer. The event concludes with a 21-gun salute and Echo Taps. Free admission and refreshments. Details: 803-517-0641 or 803-684-3007.
▪ York County Interfaith Coalition series of lectures “Stronger Together” debuts 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday at Riverview Presbyterian Church, 124 Sutton Road North, Fort Mill. Dr. Rohany Nayan, whose research focuses on minority and immigrant families and their children’s experiences in their adopted country, will speak. The lecture series seeks to promote positive discourse and volunteerism that will build bridges across cultural and religious divides. All lectures are free and open to the public. Details: email@example.com
▪ Tirzah ARP Church yard sale, 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Saturday in the family life center, Mount Gallant Road. Barbecue plates or pounds for sale at 11 a.m. for $9. Proceeds to the Appalachia Mission trip.
▪ India Hook United Methodist Women spring yard sale, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday at the church, Mount Gallant Road, Rock Hill. Sale items include jewelry, furniture, household items, appliances and holiday decorations. Breakfast foods and a hot dog lunch will be sold.
Boyd Hill Brotherhood Ministry car wash, 8 a.m. Saturday at the church, 315 Glenn St., Rock Hill. Cost: $11.99 but donations welcome.
▪ India Hook United Methodist Women Spring Yard Sale, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday at the church on Mount Gallant Road, Rock Hill. Sausage & egg biscuits, breakfast foods and a hot dog lunch with all the trimmings will be sold.
▪ MaxAbilities of York County, 7 p.m. Thursday, Administration Building, 7900 Park Place Road in the East York Industrial Park, off S.C.5 in York. Open to the public.
▪ York County Board of Rural Fire Control, 7 p.m. Thursday at the York County Fire Training Center, McFarland Road.
▪ Rock Hill branch of the NAACP general meeting, 9 a.m. Saturday at Bannon Hall across from St. Mary Catholic Church, 902 Crawford Road, Rock Hill.
▪ Rock Hill Community Theatre presents “Play On!” by Rick Abbott, a hilarious story of a theater group trying to put on a play in spite of interference from a haughty author who keeps revising the script. The play is directed by Sheri Marvin. Show dates: 7:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday. Tickets: $15, adults; $12, seniors and students; $2 discount for matinees; rockhilltheatre.org or call 803-326-7428.
▪ Registration for Rock Hill Parks, Recreation and Tourism's Summer Youth Sports is underway. The following are offered:
Soccer Clinics for ages 5-13; age as of March 31. Cost: $50.
Volleyball - Outdoor for ages 7-12; age as Sept. 1. Cost: $42.
Flag Football for ages 7-12; age as of Sept. 1. Cost: $42.
Register during office hours at Manchester Meadows, Cherry Park Tower, PRT Office (Room 390) at City Hall, and at the four recreation centers. Bring a copy of your birth certificate. Returning players with a birth certificate and current email address on file can register at cityofrockhill.com/prt. Volunteer coaches are needed. Those interested in coaching soccer should call 803-326-2634; volleyball 803-325-2634; and flag football 803-326-3848.
▪ The Second Harvest Partners, sponsored by Providence Presbytery hunger relief site, 9 a.m. Thursday at Mount Zion Baptist Church, 5376 McConnells Highway, McConnells. Volunteers will distribute food to participants who meet USDA eligibility income guidelines. Details: Catawba Area Agency on Aging at 803-329-9670.
▪ Rock Hill High School class of 1954, 1 p.m. Thursday at Golden Corral, Anderson Road. Classmates, friends, family invited.
▪ Finley High School class of 1964, noon Saturday at the Golden Corral, 1031 North Anderson Road Rock Hill. All classmates are invited. Details: 803-327-4547, 803-374-1090 or 704-661-7701.
▪ Chester High class of 1975 reunion meeting, 3 p.m. Saturday, The Golden Corral Restaurant, Rock Hill. All classmates are welcome. The Birthday Bash trip to Savannah, Ga. is September 7-10. Details: 803-385-6985 or 803-209-2523 or 803-984-0732.
Send community news and photos (JPEG images) to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 132 W. Main St., Rock Hill, SC 29730. Deadline for the Thursday column is 5 p.m. Monday. Deadline for the Sunday column is 5 p.m. Wednesday.