▪ Tractor Supply Company will host pet and livestock adoptions 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, 2374 Cross Pointe Drive, Rock Hill. Groups participating are Halfway There and Operation Care. Details: 803-980-6115.
▪ Greater York Chamber of Commerce will host Cars and Coffee, 7-10 a.m. July 8 at 108 N. Congress St parking lot featuring a car show and food trucks with breakfast items.
▪ York County Council on Aging, in partnership with the South Carolina Department of Social Services will issue free coupons to buy fresh produce at local participating farmers’ markets to low income individuals age 60 and older. Coupons are available 1-2:30 p.m. Monday June 19 at the Senior Center at Highland Park, 917 Standard St., Rock Hill. Do not arrive before 12:30 p.m. There is no available seating. Details: 803-327-6694. Those eligible will get $25 worth of coupons, issued on a first come basis, that can be used through Oct. 15.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Masters Car Club and The Little Cafe will host a Show and Shine, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at the restaurant in Winthrop Commons on Cherry Road. All makes and models of cars are welcome. Door prizes and awards. Free registration; donations accepted. Little Cafe will donate 10 percent of all sales during the show hours. Proceeds will be split between the Calvary Baptist Church Haiti Mission Trip and Dave and Melanie Powley, missionaries to Mexico.
▪ Keystone board of directors, 5:30 p.m. Monday at the Keystone Youth Center, 1668 Herlong Court Rock Hill. Open to the public. Details: 803-324-4118.
▪ The Western York County branch of the NAACP, 6 p.m. Thursday at the Greater York Chamber of Commerce. Details: 803-684-6200.
▪ Fort Mill Community Playhouse presents “Marriage is Murder,” 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and July 22-24; matinee, 3 p.m. June 25 at the playhouse, 220 Main St. The comedy is about ex-spouses who write murder mysteries together. Tickets: $16, adults; $13, students. Reservations recommended at fortmillplayhouse.org or 803-548-8102. Tickets available at Tega Cay Pharmacy or Crossings on Main. Cash or checks only.
▪ Rock Hill Parks, Recreation and Tourism’s Free Family Movie Night, 9 p.m. Saturday on soccer field No. 5 features “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” shown on a large screen. Before the movie, games for the family will be from 7:30-9 p.m. The movie is rated PG-13 for sci-fi action and violence. Bring a blanket or chair to this free event. The concession stand will be open. Details: 803-329-5620.
▪ Travis Powell, an internationally recognized Elvis tribute artist, will recreate a full show from the 1972 Elvis tour, 7-9 p.m. Saturday at USCL Bundy Auditorium, 476 Hubbard Drive. A native of Shelby, N.C., won the 2016 Memphis Hard Rock contest to qualify for the 2016 Ultimate Elvis Contest, where he eventually placed in the Top 5 Elvis Tribute Artists in the world. Tickets available at eventbrite
York County Library
The following programs will be offered this week at the Main Library in Rock Hill.
Android Phone/Tablet Basics, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Friday. Call 803-981-5845 to register. Learn basic operations of your Android tablet/phone including what certain buttons do, installing apps, connecting to wireless networks, etc.
Shark Week Beach Blanket Movie Afternoon, 1-3:30 p.m. Friday for ages 11-17. Call 803-981-5830 to register. Enjoy a movie that explores the wonder of the oceans and learn how to repurpose a T-shirt into a beach or pool bag.
Complete schedule at yclibrary.org
▪ Rock Hill Shag Club hosts its ninth Hall of Fame Foundation fundraiser, “Vegas Night,” Saturday at Events at Manchester, 1965 Cinema Drive, Rock Hill. Doors open at 7 p.m. Admission, $10. The event includes an auction, 50/50, door prizes, black jack, roulette, craps and hors d’oeurvres.
▪ Ballroom Dance Club, 7:30 p.m. Friday in the Oak Room of the Fort Mill Golf Club, 101 Country Club Lane. Guests: $15, couples, $7.50, singles which includes a 30 minutes dance lesson. Light refreshments provided and you may bring wine. Dressy casual. All skill levels welcome. Details: 803-329-5764.
▪ US Soccer instruction entry level clinics, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Aug. 6 at Manchester Meadows Soccer Complex. Cost: $80. Preregistration is required at screferees.gameofficials.net. Class No. 20845 is for ages 14 years and older. Class No. 20846 is for ages 11-13. Details: email@example.com or 803-230-0582.
▪ The Indian Land alumni reunion for classes graduating 1930-1984 will be June 25 at the Indian Land Elementary School cafeteria. Bring a covered-dish lunch (drinks supplied). Doors open at 10 a.m.; lunch at 1 p.m.
▪ Former students from Hillcrest Elementary School, 6 p.m. Friday at Tabernacle AME Zion Church, 320 Old Friendship Road, Rock Hill.
▪ Chester High School Class of 1962 55th reunion, 11 a.m. June 24, Palmetto Club, Columbia. Hosted by Joe Collins. Details: 803-789-5570 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Quarterly Scleroderma support group meeting, 6 p.m. Thursday at the Piedmont Medical Center, Rock Hill. The speaker will talk about ways a rheumatologist can help those diagnosed with Scleroderma. Details: email@example.com or 803-802-9332.
▪ Al-Anon meets 8 p.m. Mondays at Serenity Club, 209 Grayson Road, Rock Hill; noon Tuesdays at Oakland Avenue Presbyterian Church, 421 Oakland Ave., Rock Hill; 8 p.m. Mondays at Grace Presbyterian Church, 2955 S.C. 160, Fort Mill; and 8p.m. Tuesdays in the house beside First Baptist Church, 121 Monroe White St., Fort Mill. Serenity Seekers, 6 p.m. Mondays, The Journey Church, 5415 S.C. 557, Lake Wylie.
▪ Al-Anon Family Groups is a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experience strength and hope. Details: 864-235-4638 or al-anon-sc.org.
▪ Rock Hill Parkinson’s support group, 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in the community room at Westminster Towers, 1330 India Hook Road. Monika Gross, executive director of the Poise Project, will speak. Details: 803-328-5587.
Send community news and photos (JPEG images) to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 132 W. Main St., Rock Hill, SC 29730. Deadline for the Thursday column is 5 p.m. Monday. Deadline for the Sunday column is 5 p.m. Wednesday.