▪ York County Council on Aging, in partnership with the South Carolina Department of Social Services will issue free coupons to buy fresh produce at local participating farmers’ markets to low income seniors 60 and older. Coupons are available 1-2:30 p.m. Monday at the Senior Center at Highland Park, 917 Standard St., Rock Hill. Do not arrive before 12:30 p.m. There is no available seating. Details: 803-327-6694. Those eligible will get $25 worth of coupons, issued on a first come basis, that can be used through Oct. 15.
▪ The Town of Richburg will host the dedication of a black granite informational sign for the Edgemoor and Manetta Railway No. 5 steam locomotive, 2 p.m. Saturday at Richburg Town Park, 116 N. Main St.
Never miss a local story.
▪ American Legion Frank Roach Post 34 hosts bingo Tuesday at the post, 524 Heckle Boulevard, Rock Hill. Doors open 5 p.m. Cards are sold at 6 p.m. Bingo starts at 7 p.m. Cost is $25. Open to the public. Proceeds go to local charities and to help veterans in need. Food can be purchased. Detail: 803-327-2959.
▪ St. John’s United Methodist Church Bluegrass and Barbecue dinner, 5 p.m. Saturday featuring The Hinson Girls at 130 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill. Music starts after dinner. Ticket prices vary between $5 and $10 and include meal and entertainment. Menu: barbecue plates with the fixings, $10; barbecue sandwich with beans or slaw, $8 and children’s plates with barbecue or chicken strips, $5. Tickets available at the church or at the door. Proceeds to the United Methodist Men’s church projects.
▪ Keystone board of directors, 5:30 p.m. Monday at the Keystone Youth Center, 1668 Herlong Court, Rock Hill. Open to the public. Details: 803-324-4118.
▪ Rock Hill Civitan Club, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Mary’s Cafe, Firetower Road. Avyn Rhodes and Shelby Lewis will talk about Safe Passage and how the organization helps women in crisis. Open to the public. Details: 803-366-9896.
▪ MaxAbilities of York County. 7 p.m. Thursday at the administration building , 7900 Park Place Road in the East York Industrial Park, off S.C. 5, York.
▪ Rock Hill branch of the NAACP general meeting, 9 a.m. Saturday at Bannon Hall from St. Mary Catholic Church, 902 Crawford Road. Details: 803-230-9574.
▪ Fort Mill Community Playhouse presents “Marriage is Murder,” 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Sunday; matinee, 3 p.m. Sunday at the playhouse, 220 Main St. The comedy is about ex-spouses who write murder mysteries together. Tickets: $16, adults; $13, students. Reservations recommended at fortmillplayhouse.org or 803-548-8102. Tickets available at Tega Cay Pharmacy or Crossings on Main. Cash or checks only.
York County Library
The following programs will be offered this week at the Main Library in Rock Hill.
Lego Club, 2:30-3:45 p.m. or 5-6:15 p.m., Tuesday for ages 5-11. Details: 803-981-5888 to register.
Little Bread Hen by Barefoot Puppet Theatre, 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. Wednesday for ages 3-11. Inspired by the classic tale of The Little Red Hen, this version reveals the truth about what really happened that fateful day when a chicken decided to bake a loaf of bread.
Family Movies, 2-3:30 p.m., Friday. Free family movie, rated G or PG. Blankets and comfy attire are welcome. All ages, accompanied by adult. No registration required. Details: yclibrary.org or call 803-981-5888.
Saturday Movies at the Library, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Rated PG-13; runtime 121 minutes. Bring your lunch if you’d like; light refreshments will be provided. Students under 17 must be accompanied by an adult who remains with them for the movie. Details: yclibrary.org or call 803-981-5825. No registration required.
Complete schedule at yclibrary.org
▪ Volunteer information session drop in, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Thursday at Agapé Hospice regional office, 1326 Ebenezer Road, Rock Hill, Details: 803-627-7703.
▪ Rock Hill High School Class of 1954, 1 p.m. Thursday at Golden Corral, Anderson Road. Members, friends and relative invited.
▪ Chester High School Class of 1962 55th reunion, 11 a.m. Saturday, Palmetto Club, Columbia. Hosted by Joe Collins. Details: 803-789-5570 or email@example.com.
▪ Indian Land alumni reunion for classes graduating 1930-1984 is June 25 at the Indian Land Elementary School cafeteria. Bring a covered-dish lunch (drinks supplied). Doors open at 10 a.m.; lunch at 1 p.m.
▪ Al-Anon meets 8 p.m. Mondays at Serenity Club, 209 Grayson Road, Rock Hill; noon Tuesdays at Oakland Avenue Presbyterian Church, 421 Oakland Ave., Rock Hill; 8 p.m. Mondays at Grace Presbyterian Church, 2955 S.C. 160, Fort Mill; and 8p.m. Tuesdays in the house beside First Baptist Church, 121 Monroe White St., Fort Mill. Serenity Seekers, 6 p.m. Mondays, The Journey Church, 5415 S.C. 557, Lake Wylie.
▪ Rock Hill Parkinson’s support group, 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in the community room at Westminster Towers, 1330 India Hook Road. Monika Gross, executive director of the Poise Project, will speak. Details: 803-328-5587.
Send community news and photos (JPEG images) to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 132 W. Main St., Rock Hill, SC 29730. Deadline for the Thursday column is 5 p.m. Monday. Deadline for the Sunday column is 5 p.m. Wednesday.