Today's Fort Mill school district referendum asks issuance of bonds totaling nearly $96 million. There are two questions on the ballot:
• Question 1: Seeks $87.25 million for two new elementary schools and a middle school, plus money to purchase land for more schools in the future.
• Question 2: Seeks $8.718 million for an additional gym at each of the two high schools and stadium seating and concessions at Nation Ford High.
The following estimate shows the average cost over a 25-year pay-off schedule to retire debt service for bonds:
Never miss a local story.
$100,000 home: $4 a month, or $50 a year
$200,000 home: $8 a month, or $100 a year
$300,000 home: $12.50 a month, or $150 a year
$100,000 home: $0.40 a month, or $5 a year
$200,000 home: $0.80 a month, or $10 a year
$300,000 home: $1.25 a month, or $15 a year
Where to vote
Bring your driver's license, voter registration card or S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles identification to the polls. The following precincts will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. today:
• Fort Mill No. 1: Fort Mill Town Hall
• Fort Mill No. 2: Glen Rock Hill Baptist Church
• Fort Mill No. 3: Sisk Memorial Baptist Church
• Fort Mill No. 4: Fort Mill school district office
• Fort Mill No. 5: Flint Hill Fire Department
• Fort Mill No. 6: Gold Hill Church of Christ
• Doby's Bridge: Doby's Bridge Presbyterian Church
• Riverview: St. Philip Neri Catholic Church
• Orchard Park: Philadelphia United Methodist Church
• Tega Cay No. 1: Lakeshore Christian Fellowship Church
• Tega Cay No. 2: Tega Cay City Hall