Burglary charge dropped for brother of sword-wielding Clover man
04/11/2014 2:00 PM
04/11/2014 2:04 PM
A burglary charge was dropped Thursday against Micky Passmore, the brother of Ricky Passmore, the Clover man found guilty two weeks ago of burglary after breaking into his ex-wife’s home while wielding a “samurai-style” sword.
Micky Passmore had been charged with burglary and conspiracy to commit kidnapping in connection with the June 19 incident. The conspiracy charge was dismissed earlier this month.
Prosecutors were “very satisfied with the guilty verdict and 30-year sentence” Ricky Passmore received, assistant solicitor Jessica Holland said.
“After considering Micky Passmore’s minor involvement and the difficult burden this case has placed on the juvenile witnesses, the state felt it was appropriate just to end this matter and not proceed to trial against Micky Passmore.”
Prosecutors had said that Micky Passmore was with his brother when Ricky Passmore broke into his ex-wife’s home with the sword and several other weapons in his pocket and in a truck the pair were driving.
During Ricky Passmore’s trial, witnesses said Ricky Passmore was upset because his ex-wife’s was dating a black man and he wanted to hurt him. Passmore’s attorney argued the incident was just a way of sending a message in a “redneck” way.
Efforts to reach Micky Passmore’s attorney were unsuccessful.
Join the Discussion
The Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.