Eight people have been displaced after a fire damaged their house on Colony Road early Friday morning, according to the South Carolina Red Cross.
Deputy Chief Mark Simmons of the Rock Hill Fire Department said the fire was confined to the kitchen, but there is smoke damage throughout the house.
Simmons said the fire started near the microwave, indicating a possible electrical shortage. The Rock Hill Fire Department responded to the blaze at about 12:45 a.m. Friday.
The Red Cross is providing financial assistance for the people, including three children, the Red Cross release says.
Never miss a local story.
There were no injuries in the fire, Simmons said.
Hannah Smoot: 803-39-4068