York names new assistant principals
YORK The York school district has 80 new employees for the 2014-15 school year.
That includes new new assistant principals at several schools. They are:
• Beverly Meares is assistant principal at Cotton Belt Elementary. Meares previously held that role at York Middle School.
• Daniel Hall is assistant principal at York Middle School, replacing Meares. Hall taught social studies at York Middle.
• Heather Montgomery is assistant principal at Jefferson Elementary School. She is coming to the school from the classroom at Hickory Grove-Sharon Elementary School.
• Crystal Sandifer will be assistant principal at H.C. Johnson Elementary School. She is returning to the district after a hiatis thtat included teaching in Rock Hill.
• Donna Jackson is interim assistant principal at York Comprehensive High School. Jackson taught math at the high school.
• Jermaine Evans joins the staff at York One Academy. Mr. Evans will serve as an administrative assistant/teacher.
23 York students score perfect on PASS
YORK Twenty-three students in the York school district received perfect scores on the annual PASS test, or Palmetto Assessment of State Standards.
Six students received perfect scores in more than one subject area. Those students are Abbie Davis, Hunter Street Elementary, fourth grade, ELA and science; Caleb Smith, sixth grade, York Intermediate, ELA and writing; Jackson Williams, sixth grade, York Intermediate, ELA, writing and math; and Lauren Baker and Caleb Oltmanns, both seventh grade at York Middle, and both ELA and science.
Students who scored perfect in one subject area are:
• Cotton Belt Elementary: Zayden Quinn, third grade, ELA; Walter Robinson, fourth grade, math; and Jeffry Trimper, fourth grade, ELA.
• Harold C. Johnson Elementary: Robert Reavis, fourth grade, ELA.
• Hunter Street Elementary: Caroline Adams, third grade, math; and Jasmine Consalvi, fourth grade, science.
• York Intermediate: Taylor Andrews and Dylan Wyatt, both fifth grade and both math; Colin Clinton, sixth grade, ELA; and Sarah Spencer, sixth grade, science.
• York Middle: Cole Ashe, seventh grade, math; Victoria Burgess, Abby Good and Payton Greer, all seventh grade and all ELA; Kennedy Lane and Christian Loftis, both seventh grade and both writing; and Mary Jarrett, eighth grade, ELA.
York schools offer VIP passes
YORK The York school district is offering to senior citizens and retired York district employees a pass that entitles them to free admission to school-sponsored public events such as regular season ball games, plays and concerts.
Passes will be made from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 2 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18 and 25 or Wednesday, Aug. 20 and 27. Pictures can be made on the first Wednesday of the month. The picture identification pass will be taken at the Education Services Center, 16 Spruce St.
Passes will be honored at all district-sponsored events except playoff games sponsored by the S.C. High School League or other organizations.
Residents of school district who are 60 or older are eligible. York district retirees qualify regardless of age. It is not be necessary to renew your picture identification card.
Call 684-1905 to make an appointment. Bring proof of age. You will be asked to complete an application form. Louise Moss, DES Operator, will take your photograph and prepare the ID.