The Thursday Night Tournament Trail kicked off April 5 with 28 boats with weigh in at Buster Boyd Access Area.
“During sign-ups, the clouds rolled in and then came the rain, wind and cold air,” said series co-organizer Erwin Gaston. “But as usual, there is always someone who has the fish figured out.”
Jim Davis and Kyle Westman brought in 18.82 pounds to take the win. They also had the big fish, which weighed in at 5.72 pounds.
Second place went to Ron Farrow and Mike Alman with 14.69 pounds.
“I have requested better weather for next week, and we look forward to seeing you there,” Gaston said.
Blast off is at 6:30 p.m. with weigh-in at 11 p.m. The trail runs every Thursday night through Aug. 30.
The Thursday Night trail is sponsored by Lake Wylie Bait and Tackle, Shakey Head.Com, Jak’s Custom Baits, Koyote Fishing Tackle, Tru South Lures and The Great Outdoors.
For more information, visit lwtt.org.
Thursday Night Tournament Trail results: April 5
1. Jim Davis/Kyle Westman, 18.82 lbs.
2. Ron Farrow/Mike Alman, 14.69
3. Rob Johnson/Matt Johnson, 13.39
4. Brandon Chandler/Shawn Wallace, 12.73
5. Hunter Hicks/David Mitchell, 12.56
6. David Winters/Keith Porter, 12.30
7. Eric Brink/Tim Sabella, 12.14
8. Steve Addington/Matt Stout, 11.90
9. Bucky Helms, 11.85
10. Nathan Williams/John Eisenhour, 10.98
11. Ed Parker/George Baucam, 10.52
12. Mike McDuffee/Casey West, 10.01
13. Tommy Fowler/Adam Pike, 9.84
14. Justin Sing/Shane Roberts, 9.81
15. Horbie Jackson, 9.55
16. Gene Sparks/Tommy Lambert, 8.41
Big fish: Jim Davis/Kyle Westman, 5.72