Thursday Night Tournament Trail on Lake Wylie returned last week with 44 boats after a holiday break.
“What a awesome night to be on the water,” said event co-organizer Erwin Gaston. “We had comfortable temperatures, light breeze and the rain held off until after the tournament. The lake is full and lake temperature is in the mid-80s.”
Father-son team Rob and Matt Johnson brought in the winning weight of 11.05 pounds, while Tim Sebella and Eric Brink took second place with a close 11.04 pounds.
Robin and Bill Carico reeled in the big fish of the night at 5.44 pounds.
Never miss a local story.
TNTT is held at Buster Boyd Access Area
Blast off is at 6:30 p.m. with weigh-in at 11 p.m. every Thursday night through Aug. 30.
The Thursday Night trail is sponsored by Dicks Sporting Goods, A-1 Adams Bail Bond Agency, Lake Wylie Bait and Tackle, Shakey Head.Com, Jak’s Custom Baits, Koyote Fishing Tackle, Tru South Lures and The Great Outdoors.
For more information, and past and present results, visit lwtt.org.
TNTT results: July 12
1. Rob Johnson/Matt Johnson, 11.05 lbs.
2. Tim Sebella/Eric Brink, 11.04
3. Mike Perry/Tom Perry, 10.82
4. Allen Rae/Michael Carver, 9.82
5. Todd Sosebee/Isaac Sosebee, 9.09
6. Robin Cairico/Bill Cairico, 9.07
7. Brian Huskins/David Winters, 8.86
8. Steve Hildebran/Donnie Cooper, 8.76
9. Allan Shad/Jody Pridemore, 8.02
10. Mike Stephens/Sam Facella, 7.93
11. Matt Queen/John Harding, 7.89
12. Todd Lawrence/Jason Thomas, 7.49
13. Shane Roberts/Justin Sing, 7.44
14. Audi Epps/Eric Enlow, 7.08
15. Gerald Ramsey/Gerald Ramsey Jr., 6.43
16. Mark Leach/Zack Leach, 6.25
17. George Bauchem/Chris Bauchem, 5.52
18. Gene Sparks/Ted Mobley, 5.37
19. Conrad Pogarzelski / Billy Wolf, 5.20
20. Walt Brysick/Greg Hunter, 5.03
21. Ed Parker/Drew Plyer, 4.88
22. Dale Shurrett, 3.54
23. Ron Weyersberg/James Steward, 2.20
Big fish: Robin Cairco/Bill Carico, 5.44