Catfish Club tourney continues Saturday
The Catawba Catfish Club’s 2012-13 tournaments schedule continues:
• April 13, Lake Monticello, Highway 99 Access.
• Championship event for Catawba Catfish Club, May 4-5, Lake Wylie, Ebenezer Park.
For more information, visit catawbacatfishclub.com.
In-Water show this weekend
There will be boats in the water, boats on land, watercraft of all dimensions, marine education and safety exhibits, children’s activities and entertainment. For information, visit scinwaterboatshow.com and scmarine.org.
Go to Facebook to get questions answered
DNR announces fishing rodeos
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources continues to add dates to a series of free outdoor family events around the state. Youth ages 6-15 are encouraged to sign up for a fishing rodeo with specific times for most events to be determined.
Dates this month include:
• April 13, 8 a.m.-noon - The Ponds Fishing Rodeo (Dorchester County).
April 27, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Blue Heron Nature Center (Jasper County).
• May 4, 9 a.m.-noon, Star Fort Pond (Greenwood County)
• May 4, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Sunrise Lake (Lancaster County)
• May 11, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Draper WMA (York County)
• May 11, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Jimmy Shay Memorial Fishing Rodeo at Lick Fork Lake (Edgefield County)
• May 11, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Goose Creek Fishing Rodeo (Berkeley County)
• May 18, 8 a.m.-noon, Barnwell County
• May 18, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Darlington County (Rancho Road, Hartsville)
• May 18, 8 a.m.-noon, Foster Park Lake (Union County)
• May 18, 9 a.m.-noon, Piedmont Tree Nursery (Tamassee)
• June 1, 8 a.m.-noon, Chattooga River at Burrells Ford
Youth ages 6-15 must be accompanied by an adult, and no adult fishing will be allowed. Registration is required. Visit dnr.sc.gov or call 803-737-8483.
Apply for Conservation workshop
Covekeepers meet at T-Bones
The public is invited. For more information or to report water issue concerns, visit catawbariverkeeper.org.
Marine group meets monthly
They meet next April 22 at CMC – Steele Creek Healthcare Pavilion, 13640 Steelecroft Pkwy., Steele Creek.
The public is invited. For more information and meeting location, visit lakewyliemarinecommission.com.