Church to hold candlelight service
LAKE WYLIE Good Samaritan United Methodist Church, 5220 Crowders Cove Road, candlelight service will be at 6 p.m. Dec. 24.
The church is offering the following programs in the new year:
• PACE running group will meet 8 a.m. Saturdays beginning Jan. 3 at the church. There will be a devotion with Pastor Jason Everson, then break into pace groups to run. Everyone welcome to join any time.
Never miss a local story.
• Learning to Pray, a four-week study 10:15-11:15 a.m. Sundays beginning Jan. 4 at the church. No materials fees. Everyone welcome.
• Exodus, men’s group led by Everson studying the Old Testament book of Exodus 6-7 a.m. Wednesdays beginning Jan. 7.
• The Prayer Shaped Disciple, nine-week study based on the book by Dan R. Crawford, meets 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays starts Jan. 8 at the home of Rob and Dixie Wagner, 516 Otter Run Drive, Lake Wylie. To RSVP, call the church at 803-831-0304.
• Prayer: Does it Make a Difference?, a study based on the book by Philip Yancy meets 9-10 a.m. Fridays beginning Jan. 9 in the home of Rebeca Peeler, 217 Tributary Drive, Rock Hill. To RSVP, call the church at 803-831-0304.
• Health and Healing: A Biblical Perspective, a seminar led by Dixie Wagner Jan. 30-31 at the church. Times are 7-8:15 p.m. Jan. 30 and 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Jan. 31, lunch included free. Explore what the Bible says about health and well being, why some are healed and not others, what bearing emotions and spirituality have on physical wellness, and the role of the church in modern healthcare. To RSVP, call the church at 803-831-0304.
Visit goodsamumc.org for information about the church and its programs.
Several services set Dec. 24
LAKE WYLIE River Hills Community Church, 104 Hamilton’s Ferry Road, is holding Christmas Eve services.
• 5:30 p.m. Dec. 24. Jingle Jam Family Service, for families with children, in the Life Center. This service centers on telling the Christmas story.
• 7:30 and 11 p.m. Dec. 24, Candlelight and Communion Services, with traditional carols in the sanctuary.
For information, call 803-831-1615 or visit rhcconline.org.
‘Bethlehem Express’ part of Dec. 24 service
YORK Allison Creek Presbyterian Church, 5780 Allison Creek Road, will hold Christmas Eve services 5 p.m. Dec. 24.
The program includes “The Bethlehem Express,” an original presentation from the youth and children. Service will conclude with the passing of the light.
A meditative service with the communion and the passing of the light will be held at 11 p.m.
Call 803-366-1302 or visit allisoncreekchurch.com.
Bethel Baptist to hold candlelight service
YORK Bethel Baptist Church, 6031 Charlotte Highway, will hold a candlelight service at 6 p.m. Christmas Eve.
Anglican church to hold service
FORT MILL St. Barnabas Anglican Church will hold a Christmas Eve communion service 10:30 p.m. at Lake Wylie Lutheran Church, 2906 S.C. 160.
St. Barnabas is moving back to Lake Wylie Lutheran the first Sunday of January for an 11:15 a.m. service.
New Life Purpose offering Bible study, therapy sessions
CLOVER New Life Purpose Christian Ministries will offer Community Conventional Bible Studies beginning 7 p.m. Jan. 8 at Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church in Steele Creek.
The Rev. Rivou L. Williams of New Life Purpose said the aim is to provide participants with more than the average traditional Bible lesson by discussing methods used to evaluate and develop a concept of Biblical studies from a Theological perspective.
New Life Purpose also is holding Take 2 Enhancement sessions to help people dealing with substance abuse or mental health instabilities in therapeutic groups to enhance recovery. These sessions will cater to family members with loved ones suffering from these conditions and individuals considering careers working with substance abuse and mental health issues. North Carolina Mental Health Consumers and National Alliance for Mental Illness will help facilitate these sessions.
The health organizations are also offering certifications for licensure for peer support specialists and social work services.
To participate, call 980-322-4161 or email email@example.com.