Churches join for celebration
LAKE WYLIE -- Fr. Fabio Refosco of All Saints Catholic Church, 530 S.C. 274, announces the full schedule of events for Lenten season:
• Ash Wednesday, Feb. 25, Masses will be held at 9:30 a.m. and noon. There also will be an Ecumenical Celebration at 7 p.m., continuing a tradition with parishioners of River Hills Community Church and All Saints. Pastor Bruce Jones of River Hills Community Church will be the guest speaker and Concelebrant with Fr. Fabio.
• All Saints will have a Day of Reconciliation Feb. 27. This is an opportunity for Catholics to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Never miss a local story.
• All Saints will offer the Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m. every Friday during Lent. The Stations of the Cross is a veneration that started in the middle ages, originating from the story of the crucifixion. The stations represent the journey of Christ from His sentence to death by Pontius Pilate until His body is laid in the tomb. There are 14 stations with prayer and contemplation held at each. All are invited to participate.
Call 803-831-9095 for more information.
Program for pastors Thursday
ROCK HILL -- Agape Hospice of the Piedmont invites all pastors, outreach and care ministry lay leaders, and volunteers who minister to those facing life-limiting illness and/or grief and loss to "Comfort My People" at 12:30 p.m. Thursday at Agape Assisted Living, 1785 Lexington Commons Drive, Rock Hill.
This program will offer support and information for anyone engaged in the sacred task of compassionate care for those with terminal illness, and those coping with grief and loss of loved ones. Facilitator will be Agape Chaplain Miriam Mick, an ordained UMC minister with 18 years experience in hospice spiritual care.
A complimentary lunch will be served. Make reservations by calling Grace Waddell, Life Enrichment director, at 803-329-4544 or 866-202-6342, or e-mail email@example.com by today.
Poor Man's Supper Saturday
LAKE WYLIE -- Good Samaritan UMC, 5420 Crowders Cove Lane, serves a Poor Man's Supper at 6 p.m. Saturday in the fellowship building. The menu will be pinto beans, fried potatoes, slaw and corn bread. Donations will be accepted.
• A Precept Bible Study on Revelation is held at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• The children's program continues at 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays.
• The church also invites the community to a study on prayer at 7 p.m. Thursdays.
• The Good Samaritan UMC Men's Fellowship will meet at 7 p.m. March 11.
For more information, call the church during office hours 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday at 803-831-0304.
Pancake supper served Saturday
LAKE WYLIE -- Biblical Studies Released Time is sponsoring its annual pancake supper. This year, there will be a second helping, thanks to the community response .
The first supper will be held from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Lake Wylie Christian Assembly Church for the Bethel Elementary and Crowders Creek Elementary/Middle schools.
The second supper will be held April 4 at Clover First United Methodist Church for Bethany, Kinard and Griggs Road elementaries and Clover Middle School.
Bible class students will perform. For more information, call 803-222-7885.
Pine Grove Baptist revival starts Sunday
LAKE WYLIE -- Pine Grove Baptist Church, 5415 Hwy. 557, will hold revival services March 1-4 with the Rev. Frank Shivers as guest speaker.
• Disciple Training classes for adults of all ages are available at 4:45 p.m. Sundays studying "Being a Contagious Christian."
• Divorce Care classes meet 7-9 p.m. Tuesdays. Childcare is provided.
For more information, call 803-831-2015 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southern gospel singing Sunday
STEELE CREEK -- Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church, 15000 York Road, hosts The St. James Men's Chorus at 6 p.m. Sunday for a night of old-time Southern gospel singing.
There will be a covered-dish dinner in the fellowship hall following the service, so bring a dish or two.
Childcare will be provided. For more information, call 704-588-0686.
New devotional book offers daily inspiration
CHARLOTTE -- Betsey Kelley of Charlotte offers insights on love, faith and marriage in her devotional book released nationwide, "My Love, My Life: A Devotional for Any Day," published by Tate Publishing and Enterprises.
Kelley says readers can learn to weather any storm that arises in their marriage, family, and walk with God by being a doer of the word in this book.
The book is at any bookstore nationwide or can be ordered through barnesandnoble.com, amazon.com, target.com or directly from the publisher at tatepublishing.com/bookstore. An audio version also is available from the publisher.