News from LWAA
Serving the Bethel and Lake Wylie communities
• Soccer registrations continue until Saturday. You can register online. If you register by mail, it must be postmarked by March 6.
Never miss a local story.
• Here are some important dates coming up:
- March 21, Opening Day Celebration at Crowders Creek
- April 4, Regional Pop Warner Meeting
- April 5, Regional Pop Warner Little Scholars awards in Winston Salem
- April 25, football and cheerleading sign-ups at the Crowders Creek Spring Carnival
- May 23, end-of-season party for all spring sports at Knights Stadium. Tail gate party and game.
- June 8-12, LWAA/Clover High School Baseball Camp
• We are going to offer a Little League Challenger Division this year. The Challenger Division was established in 1989 as a separate division of Little League Baseball to enable boys and girls with physical and mental disabilities, aged 5 to18 or the completion of high school, to enjoy the game of baseball. We are looking for volunteers to help get this going, as well as families of special needs children who would like to participate. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Our spring calendar is posted online. We have included dates for tryouts, in-person registrations, and beginning of practices and opening day. Everything is happening earlier this year, so check it out and don't get left behind.
• We are still looking for property and a storage/office building. If you have either to donate, it will be tax deductible and serve a great purpose.
We are always looking for continued support. If you would like to donate cash, goods or services, call 803-831-9298. To volunteer, go to eteamz.com/lwaa for the form.
-- Submitted by Paula Lalli