LAKE WYLIE -- The 2009 Carolina Angler Team Trail Lake Wylie Spring Final is shaping up to be a big payday. After Saturday's qualifier with 28 teams, the field now includes 48 teams at Lake Wylie with two qualifiers left. The next Lake Wylie CATT qualifier is March 14.
John Schohn of Lake Wylie and Todd Moss of York brought in a fine sack of bass weighing 19 pounds, 14 ounces, taking home first place worth $630 to top the 28 boat field. With the win, the duos CATT winnings top the $14,000.
Rick LaMountain and Chad Lail both of Grover, N.C., brought in the second-place limit to collect $350, while past CATT Final winners Hugh Moss and Joes Estes, both of Gaffney, took third place receiving $370 with the bonus. Eddie Wooten and Strawberry Wooten, both of Gastonia, took fourth for $100. The big fish winner was Bill Grier of Charlotte with a nice 6 pound, 14 ounces female bass for $196. Second big fish went to Joe Hansil and Chester Ragland, both of Gastonia, for $84.
All 48 Teams have qualified to enter the two-day CATT Classic on Lake Wateree May 30-31 with a possible $15,000 on the line.
CATT results: March 7
1. John Schohn/Todd Moss, 19.14
2. Chad Lail/Rick LaMountain, 17.07
3. Hugh Moss/Joe Estes, 17.06
4. Greg Clayton/Jay Adams, 16.03
5. Eddie Wooten/Strawberry Wooten, 14.13
6. Joe Hansil/Chester Ragland, 14.12
7. Robert Fowler/Shane Hartman, 14.07
8. Bill Grier, 13.01
9. Mike Stephens/Matt Stagg, 11.12
10. Thomas Richmond/Matt Simpson, 11.08
11. Joe Hansil/Steve Sexton, 11.03
12. Tim Chapman/Mark Leech, 10.15
13. Chris Gulledge/Scotty Thrift, 10.14
14. Donnis Hanshaw/Todd Moss, 10.11
15. Bron Hemphill/Bradley Woodie, 8.06
16. Derek Lilley/Jeremy McCabe, 7.11
17. Steven Helms/Patrick Helms, 6.08
18. Herbie Jackson/Rhonda Jackson, 4.11
19. Nathan Williams/John Isenhower, 3.13
20. Ken Clark/Al Edwards, 1.12
BIG FISH: Bill Grier, 6.14
2nd BIG FISH: Joe Hansil/Chester Ragland, 6.05