Serving the Bethel and Lake Wylie communities
• Game Reports: Our first series of games has been played in less than perfect conditions. Opening Day games were postponed because of the rain on Saturday. Regardless, more than 500 people came out and had a great time. The volunteers did a fantastic job with everything; the DJ was excellent; and the inflatables were fun. Most of our teams had their pictures taken before the afternoon rain, and the remaining teams are rescheduled for Thursday. See your team manager for details.
• Major League Barnes Grading Pirates have dropped their first two games. In our first battle with the Tega Cay Red Sox, we lost 2-0 despite a great effort on the mound by Brandon. In our second game against the Fort Mill Diamondbacks, we gave up nine runs on four hits. Coach Fulmer and the team are working hard to find that winning chemistry.
• The first minor league game ended in a 15-5 score with the CK Contracting Tigers pouncing on the Great Clips Braves. The Tigers took advantage of the new pitcher for the Braves, and played an aggressive base running game.
Never miss a local story.
• In Coach Pitch action, scoring the first run in LWAA history, Dax and the Advanced Spine Care D'Backs won over the Classic Photography Cards 2-1.
• The D'Backs also won their second game of the season over the Burman Electric Yankees 6-5 on a RBI single by Kaylee.
• In other Coach Pitch action, the PHP Lockers Mets squeaked one out over the Crime Scene Services Pirates 5-4. Look for more Coach Pitch action and T-ball results next week.
• Our first Football Coaches Clinic is scheduled for Saturday at Clover High School. We will be meeting with Jet Turner to talk about the Wing-T and other offenses that could benefit our players in preparation for high school ball. All coaches must sign up online at lwsports.org.
• Pop Warner sign-ups continue 9 a.m.-1 p.m. May 3 and 6-8 p.m. May 29 at River Hills Community Church gymnasium. All children must register in person with a parent, and bring a wallet size photo, copy of birth certificate for our file, and original birth certificate . See www.lwsports.org/fbreg.htm for more information.
• LWAA Soccer is about to start registration. Keep an eye on the lwsports.org site for updates.
• We are always looking for more support. To donate money, goods or services, call (803) 831-9298. To volunteer, fill out a volunteer form from www.eteamz.com/lwaa and mail to LWAA, P.O. Box 5299, Lake Wylie, SC 29710 .