The 2008 Spring Lake Wylie Carolina Angler's Team Trail ended with a bang as Louie Hull of Casar, N.C., and Chuck Montgomery of Grover, N.C., brought in five-bass limit weighing18 pounds, 11 ounces to take first place at the Wylie Spring 2008 Final.
They weighed in a 5 pound, 4 ounce bass to take home the first place for big fish , too, and that was just the beginning of their huge payday.
They fished out of Louie's 2007 Stratos boat, and as of May 1, all CATT events are sanctioned under the Stratos 2x Double Your Winnings Program.
The winning duo not only collected their CATT winnings of $2,668, but will also collect another $2,668 from Stratos Boats to push their total take to a whopping $5,336.
Donnis Hanshaw and Todd Moss, both of Gaffney, brought in a limit weighing 14 pounds,1 ounce, and took home second place along with first bonus prize. In total, they received $1,360.
Third went to Doug Gilmer and Tom Russell, both of Charlotte, with another limit weighing 13 pounds, 15 ounces, good enough for $700.
Gene Webster of York, fishing solo, weighed in a limit at 13 pounds, 8 ounces to take fourth. He also had the second place big fish at 4 pounds, 4 ounces and collected the second place bonus prize. In total, he took home $642.
Fifth place went to Hugh Moss and Joe Estes, both of Gaffney, with a five-bass bag weighing 13 pounds, 5 ounces. They took home a check for $250.
CATT's fall series dates on Wylie are Oct. 4, Oct. 18, Nov. 1 and Nov. 22, with the fall final Dec. 6. All launch from Buster Boyd Access. For more information and the complete schedule, visit carolinaanglersteamtrail.com.
CATT Spring Final results: May 17
1. Louie Hull/Chuck Montgomery, 18.11
2. Donnie Hanshaw/Todd Moss, 14.01
3. Tom Russell/Doug Gilmer, 13.15
4. Gene Webster, 13.08
5. Hugh Moss/Joe Estes, 13.05
6. Bobby Carroll/John Paul George, 13.01
7. Tim Chapman/Eddie Smith, 11.12
8. Gordon Smith/Mike McKinney, 11.11
9. John Schohn/Todd Moss, 11.08
10. Joe Hansil/Steve Sexton, 10.08
11. Chris Carroll/Caja Ormond, 10.06
12. Jimmy Drumm, 10.04
13. Mark McDaniel/Albert McDaniel, 10.01
14. Artie Phillips/Dan Moore, 10.49
15. Alan Gamble/Nick Beaver, 9.15
16. Clinton Richardson/Mike Richardson, 9.09
17. Gege Sigmon/Tracy Pope, 8.06
18. Jeff Benfield/Chad Atchley, 8.01
19. Bill Grier, 5.13
20. Wayne Leonard/James Huggins, 5.11
BIG FISH: Louie Hull/Chuck Montgomery, 5.04
Results from field of 25 anglers