Don't miss this:
Caffeine Scene, a literary festival, 6-8 p.m. Thursday, May 1, at Nation Ford High. Original poetry, plays and musical performances featured. $3.
• Blues jam, 7 p.m. Thursday, May 1, at McHale's on Gold Hill Road, Fort Mill. Everyone welcome to perform.
Never miss a local story.
• Field Workshop, on goats and sheep 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday, May 1, at Greenfield Farms. Call (803) 499-9658.
• Dazzle 'N' Denim, annual fundraiser 7-11 p.m. Friday, May 2, at the Springs Close Dairy Barn in Fort Mill. Heavy hors d'ouevres, open bar, music and dancing and more. $40 per person. Visit www.catawbacare.org.
• Get your barbecue, 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday May 3, at the Catawba Masonic Lodge 56 AFM, 220 Tom Hall Street, Fort Mill. Chicken and Pork plates with baked beans, cole slaw and tea. $7.
• Garden stroll, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, May 3, in Tega Cay. $10. Call 802-8551, 396-0932 or 981-5303.
• Kentucky Derby Party, sponsored by the York County Community Foundation. 4-7 p.m. Saturday, May 3, at the Anne Springs Close Dairy Barn. Dress is "smart casual." Hat contest included. $150 double ticket ($100 deductible) or $100 single ticket ($75 deductible). Call 1-800-973-7244 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Springfest,The Town of Fort Mill's new, official spring event, will be held Saturday, May 3, at Walter Elisha Park. Food, music and more.
• Musical, "Palmetto Pride" 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. Thursday, May 8, at Indian Land Elementary School. Songs about our state and the U.S.
• Blood drive, 2:30-7 p.m. Thursday, May 8, at St. John's United Methodist Church, 130 Tom Hall Street, Fort Mill
• Confederate Memorial Day Service, 2 p.m. Saturday, May 10, in Confederate Park, Main Street, Fort Mill. Presentation of the colors, a history of Confederate Park, musket salute and the playing of taps.
• Talon Extravaganza, talent show 7 p.m. Thursday, May 15, in the Nation Ford High School auditorium. Students and staff perform.
• Artist reception, 5-8 p.m. Friday, May 16, at Bob Doster's Backstreet Gallery, Lancaster. Proceeds from sale of artist Zavada's works will benefit the Humane Society of Lancaster County. Call (803) 285-9190 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Yard Sale, held by the Van Wyck Community Development Club 7 a.m. to noon, Saturday, May 17, at the Community Center, 5036 Old Hickory Road. Rent space for $10. Proceeds go to the upkeep of the Community Center building and grounds. Call 285-1076 or 289-7718.
• Community Student Concert, 2 p.m. Sunday, May 18, at First United Methodist Church at 202 W. Gay Street in Lancaster featuring the Indian Land High School Clarinet Duo. Call (803) 417-0942 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fort Mill Thunder, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, May 24, downtown Fort Mill. Family festival sponsored by Move Fort Mill Forward will include a car show, charity motorcycle ride, bluegrass music, vendors and more. Visit www.FortMillThunder.com or www.MoveFortMillForward.com. For more details, see the May 21 edition of the Fort Mill Times.
• A Kids Book Club, for ages 7-12 includes puppet shows, library games and activities at the Lancaster Public Library, 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. Call (803) 285-1502.
• New fitness classes, are underway at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex. New evening classes and nursery services Monday through Thursday. Zumba, boot camp and more. Call Andy Stahr at 547-1062 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.