Don't miss this:
• Help the Humane Society of York County and have fun at the same time at a golf tournament fundraiser that begins at noon Wednesday, July 16, at the Tega Cay Golf Club. Four-Person Captain's Choice (bring your own team). $90 entry fee includes 18 holes, cart, range balls and lunch. Prizes will be awarded for the tournament, closest to the pin and longest drive and door Prizes will be drawn. Hole Sponsors Available for $75. All proceeds will benefit the Humane Society of York County. Call Erik Baddeley at 547-0170 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Join the jam, with the The Fort Mill Blues Club 7 p.m. until closing Thursday, June 19, at McHale's on Gold Hill Road, Fort Mill. Call (951) 837-0008 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Never miss a local story.
• Blood drive, 3-7:30 p.m. Friday, June 20, at Knights Stadium, 2280 Deerfield Drive, Fort Mill.
• Fostering pets, a seminar by the Humane Society of Lancaster County 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, June 21, at the AFLAC store at 126 S. Main St., Lancaster. Free. Call (803) 285-1401 or (803) 289-9820 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Shag dance, 4 p.m.-midnight Saturday, June 21, at the Jivin' June Jam hosted by the Lancaster Shag Club at the American Legion Building, 823 Kershaw-Camden Highway (at the Lancaster County Fairgrounds, just off South Main Street) in Lancaster. $25 per person, BYOB. Discounts for groups of 10 or more. Call (803) 286-5694, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• United Way Golf Invitational, Monday, June 23, at the Springfield Golf Club in Fort Mill. Registration is 9 a.m. Call (704) 561-4568.
• Teddy Time, 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m. Tuesday, June 24, at the Fort Mill Public Library. A lovable bunch of teddy bears dance, play music, juggle and get into mischief in this delightful puppet show presented by Becky's Box of Puppets.
• Health screening, for stroke, vascular disease and heart rhythm at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex, 901 East Tom Hall Street, Fort Mill. Screenings begin at 9 a.m. Wednesday, June 25. Pre-registration is required. Call 1-800-643-6188.
• Green Teens, Make a jean purse! Turn your old jeans into a funky purse 4-6 p.m. Thursday, June 26, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Call 547-4114 to register (required).
• Kiddie theater, "Sadie's Spectacular Saturday" 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 1, at the Fort Mill Public Library. When Sadie the caterpillar is teased by the other bugs at her new school, she befriends a lady bug and learns that true beauty comes from within.
• Join the July 4 fun, in Tega Cay. Local groups are invited to enter a float in the parade. Day's activities include canoe jousting, boat parade, ski show and fire works. For more information and registration information forms to enter a float, visit www.Tegacaysc.org.
• Writing contests, sponsored by the Arts Council of York County and the York County Public Library system. Juried literary competition for short fiction and poetry. Deadline for entries is Monday, July 7. Send an e-mail to email@example.com or visit www.yorkcountyarts.org.
• Fish fry, 4:30-7:30 p.m. Friday, July 4, hosted by the Tega Cay Lions Club at the Philip Glennon Community Center in Tega Cay. $10 for adults, $5 for children. Eat in or take-out. Tickets may be purchased from any Tega Cay Lion or call 548-1648 or 548-3539.
• Bug Juice, 1, 2 and 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 8, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Mary Malaria, the fly, goes out in search of her fortune and encounters some greedy bugs who won't share their bug juice because of the drought.