A list of fun things to do in our area
• A Breakthrough Performance Workshop, 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 16, at BacInTyme Coffee Cafe, 124 Confederate St., Fort Mill. Dynamic movement, breathing, group singing and more. Contact info@ bigembrace.com, go to www.bigembrace.com, or call (704) 443-6196 to register. Free.
• Help the Humane Society, of York County and have fun at the same time at a golf tournament fundraiser, 12 p.m. Wednesday, July 16, at the Tega Cay Golf Club. Four-Person Captain's Choice (bring your own team). $90 entry fee includes 18 holes, cart, range balls and lunch. Prizes will be awarded for the tournament, closest to the pin and longest drive. Hole sponsors available, $75. All proceeds will benefit the Humane Society of York County. For more information, call Erik Baddeley at 547-0170 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Safety awareness, and self-defense for women 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, July 19, at the YMCA in Baxter. $5. Call 548-8020 to register.
• Productions Porkchop Productions, presents "The Ugly Duckling" - with maybe a few funny changes - 10-10:45 a.m. Tuesday, July 21, at the Lancaster County Public Library. Call (803) 285-1502.
• Make jewelry, 9 a.m.-noon Monday-Friday July 21-25 at the YMCA in Baxter. $110 for members and $120 for non- members. Call 548-8020.
• Class reunion, Indian Land High Class of 1998, in two locations Saturday, July 19. Call (803) 431-1202.
• Casting call, Fort Mill Community Playhouse is holding auditions for "Plaza Suite" 7-9 p.m. Sunday, July 20, and 7:30-9 p.m. Monday, July 21. Call 548-8102 or visit www.fortmillplayhouse.org.
• Give blood, get ice cream, 1:30-6 p.m. Saturday, July 26, at Maggie Moo's in Fort Mill. Give a pint, get a pint. Call 548-6244.
• Football Fever is the name of the game at the eighth annual Tega Cay Bash 7-11 p.m. Saturday, July 26, at the Tega Cay Golf Club and Community Center. Music by the Rum Punch Bandits. $35 in advance, $40 at the door. for more information, e-mail chardy@yorkcounty chamber.com.
• Tega Cay Night at the Knights: Saturday, July 26, will be the annual Tega Cay Night at Knights Stadium. Tailgating begins at 5 p.m. Tega Cay Citizen of the Year Bob Cullen will be throwing out the first pitch.
• Booster Club fundraiser, Sign up now for the Fort Mill District Band Booster Club's annual charity golf tournament with a shotgun start at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 31, at the Regent Park Golf Course. This event is open to all golfers and hackers interested in supporting arts for all students. Call (704) 217-3230.
• The Fort Mill High School Class of 1994, is organizing a reunion and is trying to contact all former class members. For more information about the reunion, or to update your contact information with the reunion committee, contact Abby Rodgers Haberkam at email@example.com or Sara George Meacham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Calling all classmates: The classes of 1998 from Fort Mill and Indian Land high schools are planning 10-year reunions and seeking class members. ILHS grads can send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (803) 431-1202. FMHS grads can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 548-4801.
• The Ugly Duckling, 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Colorful characters, big laughs and audience participation mean fun for all in this whimsical adaptation of the classic tale about a misfit duckling trying to find her place in the world.
n Don't miss this: Colgate Country Music Showdown 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 19, at Plaza Fiesta off Carowinds Boulevard. Contestants sing up to three songs.