Don't miss this:
Annual Riversweep. Put on your sneakers and come help clean up Lake Wylie and its shoreline 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, Oct. 4. Call CD Collins at (704) 825-3588 or the Lake Wylie Chamber of Commerce at (803) 831-2827.
• Fall festival, begins 8 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, at Philadelphia United Methodist Church, 1691 Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. There will be a huge yard sale and booths for crafts, face painting and other vendors, a bake sale and barbecue dinners to eat there or for take out. Call 548-0102.
Never miss a local story.
• Benefit concert, to help a resident in need. 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, at the Palmetto Ballroom in downtown Rock Hill. $10 in advance for adults and $5 for children, $12 and $7 at the door. Call Jamie Cooke at 367-2727.
• Swing dancing, 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, at All Nations Church, 360 Hammond Rd, Fort Mill. $5 and free lessons for beginners. Visit www.GottaswingCharlotte.com.
• Garage sale fundraiser, for the Nation Ford High School Choral Department 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, at the high school. Clothes, household items and many other items available. To donate items, drop them off at the school. Rain date is Saturday, Oct. 11. For more information, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Author visits, the Grace Presbyterian Church book club presents best selling author Robert Whitlow 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 8. Whitlow will share insights on his books, focusing on "Mountain Top." Desserts and book giveaways included. For more information, call Betty Johnson at 548-0368.
• Art on Main, Move Fort Mill Forward is pleased to present the third annual Art On Main Fine Art and Master Craft Festival 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11, in the historical district of downtown Fort Mill. Exhibitors will be arriving in from throughout the Carolinas. Crawl the streets to shop early for the holidays. visit www.movefortmillforward.com or call 547-1002.
• Live theater, The Community Playhouse of Lancaster County will present the smash musical comedy "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" Oct. 10-18 at Stevens Auditorium on the USC Lancaster Campus, 476 Hubbard Drive, Lancaster. All shows are 8 p.m. with a 3 p.m. matinee Sunday, Oct. 12. For more information, visit www.lancasterplayhouse.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Yard and bake sale, held by the Zoar United Methodist Women 8 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Oct. 11. A jewelry table is scheduled and sausage biscuits, juice and drinks, popcorn and sno-cones will be available. Call Phyllis Foster at 548-5254.
• River Ramblers: Nation Ford and the Future Museum on the Catawba, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11. Geologist Irene Boland, naturalist Steve Fields and historian Michael Scoggins will introduce participants to the natural and cultural history of the area. Must be 18 or older to participate. $20 for CHM members, $25 for non-members. Register by calling Barbara Ardrey at 981-9182 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Call Steve Fields at 329-2121 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Grab your cowboy hat, and boots and head on down to the Fort Mill Elementary School PTO fall festival from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18. The western theme festival will feature a mechanical bull, games, inflatables and lots of family fun.
• Fall Festival and costume contest, organized by the Fort Mill Downtown Association will be held at 5 p.m. on Halloween, Friday, Oct. 31, on Main Street in Fort Mill. The costume contest will be held at 6:30 p.m. All local businesses wishing to participate and/or donate prizes should call Keith Sandvoss or Diane Sykes at 802-4310.