Don't Miss This:
Oktoberfest, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25, at St. John's UMC, 130 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill. Bake and stew sale, crafts, silent auction, vendors, pumpkins, a children's activity area with inflatables and more.
• Live theater, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," 7:30 p.m. Oct. 22-25 and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 26, at Nation Ford High School. Tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for students. For tickets in advance, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Never miss a local story.
• Blood drives, 2-7:30 p.m. Wednesday Oct. 22, at St. Phillip Neri Catholic Church, 292 Munn Rd. Fort Mill, and 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 23, at Fort Mill High School 118 Munn Rd., Fort Mill
• Tega Cay Fall Festival, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25, at Runde Field. A children's Halloween costume parade, pony rides, food, contests and entertainment are all part of the fun.Call Dellree Whitehead at 548-4113.
• Community Fall Festival, Saturday, Oct. 25, at Pleasant Hill United Methodist Church, 238 Fort Mill Hwy., Indian Land. Yard sale begins at 7 a.m. Trick or treat party, barbecue, games and more. Call 548-4922.
• RiverGate Fall Festival, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25, at the corner of Hwy. 160 West and Hwy. 49. Free hay rides, a crafts zone, free pumpkins, live entertainment and a Halloween costume contest for kids. Presented in part by Yorkcountymoms.com and the Fort Mill Times.
• Fall Festival and costume contest, organized by the Fort Mill Downtown Association will be held at 5 p.m. on Halloween, Friday, Oct. 31, on Main Street in Fort Mill. The costume contest will be held at 6:30 p.m. All local businesses wishing to participate and/or donate prizes should call Keith Sandvoss or Diane Sykes at 802-4310.
• Second Annual Pleasant Hill UMC Adult Church Prom, 7-11 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1. Dancing and fellowship. $25. Call 548-4922.
• "Last Chance Candidate Challenge," local candidates forum presented by Move Fort Mill Forward 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, Nov. 1, at the band stand in Confederate park, Main Street, Fort Mill. Hear speeches and ask questions.
• Christian Folk singer/songwriter David LaMotte, will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at Unity Presbyterian Church in Fort Mill. Advance tickets are $7 for students and $10 for adults. Tickets can be purchased online at www.unityfortmill.org. All proceeds will support the Catawba Care Coalition, Interfaith Hospitality Network and the Unity Presbyterian Church Youth mission trip to Honduras.
• Chili cook-off, Saturday, Nov. 1, sponsored by Girls on the Run and hosted by Bi-Lo on Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. Check in is 1-3 p.m. Public welcome at 3 p.m. Awards at 6 p.m. $5 to sample all entries. Register at Bi-Lo, at the Leroy Springs Complex or visit www.gotrtricountysc.org.
• Philly Concert Series, presents Mercy's Well 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 9, at Philadelphia United Methodist Church, 1691 Highway 160 W., Fort Mill. Free, but a love offering will be taken for the performers. Call 548-0102.
• Learn about mental illness, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at the Leroy Springs Recreational Complex, 971 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill. Sponsored by NAMI Piedmont Tri-County chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness. To register, call 802-4484 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Environmental book club, 6:30-7:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month through May 12, 2009, at the Fort Mill Library, 1818 Second Baxter Crossing. Read and discuss books that provide a deeper understanding of our place in the natural world. Call 547-4114.