Don't miss this!
Seussology: celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday with Dr. Seuss activities and birthday cake 4 p.m. Thursday, March 12, at the Fort Mill Public Library. For kids in kindergarten through second grade. Call 547-4114.
• The Magic of Music, runs March 12-26 at the Fort Mill Public Library. Children in grades three to five can enjoy an afternoon of musical activities. Call 547-4114 to register.
Never miss a local story.
• LIve music, featuring Angie Medland and Tom Williams 7-9 p.m. Saturday, March 14, at BacInTyme Coffee Cafe, 124 Confederate Street, Fort Mill. For more information, call 802-7155 or visit www.bacintyme.com.
• St. Patrick's Day festival and parade, 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 14, at Baxter Village in Fort Mill. Also at Baxter that day is the Second Annual Spring Fling festival lining Market Street. This year's celebration will include family activities, exhibitor booths, food and beverages, prizes and the parade.
• All you can eat oysters and barbecue, 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, March 14, at the ASC Greenway Field Trial Barn on Springfield Parkway. Live music and a silent auction. Benefits the award winning band programs at Fort Mill High School and Nation Ford High School. Tickets are $25 each. For more information, contact Jamie Medlin at 517-6572 (email@example.com) or Michele Henderson at 548-1092 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Book club for adults, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Join other book lovers to discuss "Lucy" by Ellen Feldman 1 p.m. Monday, March 16. Call 547-4114 to register.
• The AARP Drivers Safety program, for people age 50 years and older will be held 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, March 17-18 at the Leroy Springs Recreation Complex, 901 Tom Hall Street, Fort Mill. Participants must attend both days to receive their certificate, which may reduce their insurance rate on their collision and liability. $12 for AARP members and $14 for nonmembers. To register, call Tammy Woods at 547-4575 or Gene R. Esarove at 547-4553.
• Intermediate Shag Lessons, taught by Roger and Angie Baker, start 6:30 p.m. Monday, March 16. You must have learned the basic beginner shag steps to take this class. $40 per person. Singles and couples welcome. Sponsored by the Lancaster Shag Club. Call 283-8090 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Registration for SurvYvor School, is going on now at the Fort Mill YMCA. If you are ready to ramp up your workout and get in the best shape of your life, then this is the class for you! Get ready to run tires, haul logs, climb walls and pump out 100s of push-ups. Class runs March 24-May 7.
• Lunch and Learn, at the Fort Mill YMCA will be held 12:30 p.m. Thursday, March 19. This month's speaker will be Michelle Petty from Life Line Screenings. Find out if you are at risk for common diseases. Free. The public is invited. Bring your lunch. Sides and drinks will be provided.
• Pokémon tournament, 9 a.m. Saturday, March 21, at Above Board Games in the Stockbridge Commons shopping center off Hwy. 160 West at Gold Hill Road, Fort Mill. Free.
• March Madness, Teens in grades six-12 can enjoy NCAA Basketball 2009 and other video games from 5-6:30 p.m. Monday, March 23. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Easter Beauty Pageant, to benefit local charities 10 a.m. Saturday, March 28, at The Plaza Hotel across from Carowinds, 225 Carowinds Boulevard, Fort Mill. For more information, call 554-5219 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Easter Musical, "I've Seen Jesus...Encountering the Risen Christ" 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, April 3-4 at Tega Cay Baptist Church. Free.
• Annual Spring Pick-Me-Up, sponsored by the Tega Cay Beautification Committee, 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, March 28. Tega Cay volunteers will clean up various sites in the city. Volunteers should meet at Pitcairn park at 9 a.m. for work locations. Volunteers need gloves, rakes, loppers, pruning shears, etc. Workers will be treated to a picnic lunch at Pitcairn Park between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m.