Don't miss this!
Family Fun Night at the Fort Mill YMCA Outdoor Waterpark 4-6:30 p.m. Friday, June 19. Live music by Josh Carter, free food and local vendors. This event is open to the community and is free for members. Tickets for non-members are $3 individual/ $8 family four pack. For more information, call 548-8020.
• Blood drive, 3-7:30 p.m. Friday, June 19, at Knights Stadium, 2280 Deerfield Drive, Fort Mill.
• Alive After 5, live music 06-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, June 19-20, at Sweet Peppers Deli, 936 Market Street suite 106 in Baxter Village, Fort Mill. Full Court plays jazz and blues (Friday) and 20 K-Life performs piano jazz fusion (Saturday). Free. Call 396-8888.
• Register now, for summer sports and specialty camps at the Fort Mill YMCA. Camps for the week of June 22-26 include: Cheerleading Camp (ages 5-15) and Lego Robotics (grades 4-6). For more information, call 548-8020.
• Nature Camp, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway holds week-long sessions now until July 17. Sessions are 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday and offer unique opportunities for children to have fun while learning about nature. $105 for greenway members and $125 for the general public. Scholarships are available. Applications are available at www.leroysprings.com and at the greenway headquarters office. For more information, call 548-7252.
• Genealogy summer workshop series, co-sponsored by the Fort Mill Public Library and the Nation Ford DAR are held 9:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays at the library. Each workshop will focus on a particular topic, such as using the Internet for research. Free. The next workshop, "Proving your Family Tree: Fact vs. Fantasy" is Tuesday, June 23. Future workshops will be held June 30 and July 14. For more information, call 396-0634 or visit www.nationforddar.com.
• Creating Jack Tales, 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m. Tuesday, June 23, at the Fort Mill Public Library. Rags to Riches Theatre pays homage to the Appalachian tradition of Jack Tales about a boy named Jack and his adventures. Call 547-4114.
• Practice the ACT, 9:30 a.m.-1:45 p.m. Saturday, June 27, at the Fort Mill Public Library. The Princeton Review will hold a free, full-length, proctored, practice ACT. An analysis of the performance on the test will be held during a follow-up session 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, July 9. Registration required. Call 1-800-273-8439) or visit www.Review.com to register.
• Car show, featured at the next Lancaster Street market 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, July 4. Car show begins at 10 a.m. For more information, call 803-286-1145, ext. 22, send an e-mail to cmiller@Seelancaster.org or visit www.lancasterstreetmarket.com.
• Reunion for FMHS Classes of 1963 and 1964, 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 15, at the Fort Mill American Legion Post on Banks Street. If you are a class member and have not received your invitation, call one of the following people: Rusty Adkins (1963) at 548-4933 or Chipper Hemsoth (1964) at 547-5844.
• Summer reading for adults, is encouraged at the Fort Mill Public Library. After reading or listening to three books, adults will be entered into drawings for prizes from local businesses. For more information, visit www.yclibrary.org or call the library at 547-4114.
• Teen Summer Reading Club, for rising sixth-12th graders. The club has an arts theme, "Express Yourself at your Library." After reading a total of 15 hours, teens will be eligible to enter drawings for prizes from Woody's Music, GameStop, Best Buy and more. For more information, visit www.yclibrary.org or call 547-4114.
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak or $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. Rental hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and 1 to 6 p.m. Sundays. For more information, call 548-7252.
• Bingo, good eats, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 547-2414.
• Preschool Story time, 10:30 a.m., Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3 to 5 year-olds and their caregivers.
• Fort Mill Art Guild classes, include drawing, watercolor, pastel and oil paintings and more. Visit www.fortmillartguild.com.