This Week• Partners in Business health and wellness fair, will be 8 a.m.-noon March 12 in the Palmetto Room in downtown Rock Hill. The event includes health screenings, health information and door prizes. Free admission.
• ‘ Welcome to Mitford,’ a Fort Mill Community Playhouse production opens March 13 and continues to March 23. Show times are 7:30 p.m. with a 3 p.m. matinee March 23. Tickets $15 and $13 for students and seniors age 65 and older. Purchase tickets at fortmillplayhouse.org, Tega Cay Pharmacy at 729 Crossroads Plaza or by calling 548-8102.
• Superhero Tryouts, 3:30-4:30 p.m. March 13 at the Fort Mill Library. Children in kindergarten to second grades can complete challenges to become a superhero and earn a superhero certificate, trading card, name and superpower. Call 547-4114 to register.
• Spring Fling Festival and St. Patrick’s Parade, 2-6 p.m. March 15 on Market Street, Baxter Village. Music, vendors, food and more. Parade participants are encouraged to wear their festive St. Patrick’s attire. March or ride floats, trailers, bicycles, scooters, strollers, golf carts or whatever rolls. Judges will be along the parade route to select winning entries. For more information, email email@example.com.
• St. Patrick’s Day dinner, 1:30 p.m. March 16 at the Fort Mill VFW, 1442 Harris Rd., Fort Mill. Corned beef and cabbage, carrots, green beans, roll and desert. $7 a plate eat in or take out. for more, call 547-5480.
Next Week• Auditions, 6 p.m. March 17, For NarroWay Theater’s “The Gospel According to Tennessee.” Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-2300.
• Drivers Safety Class, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. March 18 at the Complex on the Greenway on Tom Hall Street (Hwy. 160 East), Fort Mill. For ages 26 years and older. Participants will receive a certificate which may reduce insurance rates on collision and liability. You do not have to be a member of AARP to attend. Call Donald Hunt 329-4405 to register.
Coming Soon• ‘ Legally Blonde,’ on stage March 27-April 2 in the Fort Mill High School auditorium.
• A morning in Fort Mill , 10 a.m. March 29. Meet at the bandstand in Confederate Park on Main Street to learn about the monuments in the park that honor the Catawbas, slaves, soldiers and women “who sacrificed so much from 1861-1865.” Continue on to Unity Cemetery on Tom Hall Street to visit the graves of several Medal of Honor recipients and end the visit in Fort Mill at the Fort Mill History Museum, 310 N. White St.
• Southern Sweet Tea and Pearls, a traditional Southern tea hosted by the York County Woman’s Club, will be 2 p.m. April 12 at the home of Judy McCardle, 471 Lakeside Drive, Rock Hill. Tickets are $25. For reservations, call Judy at 803-493-6530 or email email@example.com. Proceeds benefit Safe Passage and Tender Hearts.
• Fifth annual S.C. Strawberry Festival Pageant, 7:30 p.m. April 25 in the Nation Ford High School auditorium. For tickets, go to SCStrawberryFestival.com.
• Auditions, for the annual St. Philip Neri Italian Festival Italian Idol talent contest 7:30 p.m. April 26. Cash prizes, trophies, and other prizes will be given for first, second and third in two age divisions (7-13 and 14 and older). To schedule an audition go to SPNitalianfestival.org. or call 803-370-0600
Every Week• Exhibit, “Bearing Witness: The New York Photo League and Sonia Handelman Meyer,” through June 29, Mint Museum Randolph, 2730 Randolph Road, Charlotte. Made up of about 100 photographs from photo league members.
• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 548-7252.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Del Web Library in Indian Land. No registration required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, meets monthly at the Fort Mill Golf Club. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to theballroomdanceclub.com.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic, 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for nonmembers. Call 704-899-5000.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.