This Week• Allison Creek Bluegrass, welcomes "Timber Ridge" to the stage 7-9 p.m. May 1 at the Allison Creek Presbyterian Church Family Life Center on the corner of Hwy. 274 and Allison Creek Road, between Lake Wylie and Newport. Allison Creek Bluegrass is a free, family-friendly bluegrass concert series offered on the first and third Thursday's every month. Doors open at 6 p.m. Food concessions are available beginning at 6:30.
• S.C. Strawberry Festival, May 2-3 at Walter Elisha Park, Fort Mill. Live music, food, games, rides and much more.
• Water Gardens and Small Ponds, 11 a.m. May 2, at First Friday in the Glencairn Garden Learning Center, 835 Edgemont Ave., Rock Hill. Clemson Extension Service Agent Corey Heaton, an expert in wildlife, fisheries and pond management, is the guest speaker.
Next Week• “ Kickin’ It Challenge: Unite in the Fight,” with a party and silent auction at 7 p.m. May 9, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway Dairy Barn in Fort Mill followed by a youth soccer tournament May 10-11 at Manchester Meadows in Rock Hill. For more information, visit www.kickinitchallengecarolinas.com.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, will have its monthly dance 7:30-10:20 p.m. May 9 in the Oak Room of the Fort Mill Golf Course Club House, 101 Country Club Drive, Fort Mill. Dress code is dressy casual. All adult ages and skill levels are invited for social ballroom dancing to music by DJ Rich Brausch. Dances are alcohol free and non-alcoholic beverages are provided. Guest admission $15 per couple, $7.50 for singles. For information, call Bob at 329-5764 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
• Barbecue sale, the Nation Ford High School Athletic Booster Club is selling hot barbecue 11 a.m.-2 p.m. May 10. Plates (with beans and slaw) are $10, or priced by the pound for $12. Gift certificates for Fort Mill BBQ Co. available. Pre-order through May 6 at NAFOnation.com. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coming Soon• Learn to dance, 7-9:30 p.m. May 12 at the Sun City Carolina Lakes outdoor pavilion in Indian Land. Caller Tim Marriner will instruct and walk you through the basics of shag and line dancing. Free. For more information, call John Titus at 548-2840.
• Drivers Safety Class, 1-5 May 13 at the Four Season, 509 Turquoise Way, Fort Mill. You do not have to be a member of AARP to attend. Participants may qualify for reduced insurances rates. Call Gene R Esarove at 803-547-4553 to register.
• The 19th annual Italian Festival, featuring homemade Italian dishes, variety of vendors, games and rides for children, as well as live entertainment, will be held May 15-17 at St. Philip Neri Church, 292 Munn Road E. in Fort Mill. For more, go to spnitalianfestival.org.
• Red Rose Sculpture Competition and Exhibition, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. May 17 at Red Rose Park, 118 S. Main Street, Lancaster. The exhibit will feature works by sculptors from throughout the Southeast and will be held during the fifth annual Red Rose Festival. Free. For more information, go to lancastercitysc.com, email email@example.com, or call 803-287-7853.
• Drama camps, will be held at the Fort Mill Community Playhouse. Sign up now for camps: June 16-20 for first- to third-graders, and June 23-27 for fourth- to eighth-graders. Information and registration form are online at www.fortmillplayhouse.org.
Every Week• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, or $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 803-548-7252.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family-friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Del Webb Library in Indian Land. No registration required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, meets monthly at the Fort Mill Golf Club. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic, 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for nonmembers. Call 704-899-5000.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.
Email your events to email@example.com.