This Week• Kickin’ It Challenge: Unite in the Fight, party and silent auction at 7 p.m. May 9, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway Dairy Barn in Fort Mill followed by a youth soccer tournament May 10-11 at Manchester Meadows in Rock Hill. For more information, visit www.kickinitchallengecarolinas.com.
• Celebrate National Pet Week, now-May 10 at Baxter Veterinary Clinic on Hwy. 160 West, Fort Mill. Guest speakers, dog training, goodie bags, Teddy bear surgery and more. Call 803-547-VETS (8387).
• Auditions, for “Miracle in Mudville,” the upcoming Fort Mill Community Playhouse summer youth production, 6-8 p.m. May 9 and 2-4 p.m. May 10 at Fort Mill Community Playhouse at 615 Banks St. Kids entering third grade through rising seniors needed. Cold-read from script. For more, go to fortmillplayhouse.org or call 548-7323.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, will have its monthly dance 7:30-10:20 p.m. May 9 in the Oak Room of the Fort Mill Golf Course Club House, 101 Country Club Drive, Fort Mill. Dress code is dressy casual. All adult ages and skill levels are invited for social ballroom dancing to music by DJ Rich Brausch. Dances are alcohol free and non-alcoholic beverages are provided. Guest admission $15 per couple, $7.50 for singles. For information, call Bob at 329-5764 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
• Barbecue sale, the Nation Ford High School Athletic Booster Club is selling hot barbecue 11 a.m.-2 p.m. May 10. Plates with beans and slaw are $10, or priced by the pound for $12. Gift certificates for Fort Mill BBQ Co. available. For more information, email email@example.com.
• Spring Fashion Show, to support The American Cancer Society at 2 p.m. May 10 at the Four Seasons clubhouse. Residents and friends are invited.
Next Week• Learn to dance, 7-9:30 p.m. May 12 at the Sun City Carolina Lakes outdoor pavilion in Indian Land. Caller Tim Marriner will instruct and walk you through the basics of shag and line dancing. Free. For more information, call John Titus at 548-2840.
• Farm to Fork dinner, 6 p.m. May 13 hosted by Nation Ford High School Future Farmers of America at St. John’s United Methodist Church, 130 Tom Hall St., Fort Mill. All food grown, produced, and prepared from area farmers. $25 for adults, $15 for children younger than 12. Seating limited. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or Cori@comporium.net.
• Drivers Safety Class, 1-5 May 13 at the Four Season, 509 Turquoise Way, Fort Mill. You do not have to be a member of AARP to attend. Participants may qualify for reduced insurances rates. Call Gene R. Esarove at 803-547-4553 to register.
• Tega Cay Beautification Committee workday, 9 a.m.-noon at the Living Memorial Gardens. Help with general care, trimming, cleaning, and weeding. New members and workers are needed. For more information, email email@example.com or call Kline at 704-287-7432.
• The 19th annual Italian Festival, featuring homemade Italian dishes, vendors, games and rides for children, as well as live entertainment, will be held May 15-17 at St. Philip Neri Church, 292 Munn Road in Fort Mill. For more, go to spnitalianfestival.org.
• Red Rose Sculpture Competition and Exhibition, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. May 17 at Red Rose Park, 118 S. Main St., Lancaster. The exhibit will feature works by sculptors from throughout the Southeast and will be held during the fifth annual Red Rose Festival. Free. For more information, go to lancastercitysc.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 803-287-7853.
Coming Soon• Dancin’ Through the Decades, 7 p.m May 24 at Higher Ground Church, 8365 Possum Hollow Road, Indian Land. The Firestarters youth group of Higher Ground performs music and dances from the 1930s-’90s. Ticket are $10 per adult and $5 per child 12 years and younger. For more information, call the church office at 803-802-3189.
• Yard sale, 7 a.m.-2 p.m. May 31 at Riverview Presbyterian Church at the corner Sutton and Harris roads, Fort Mill. Hot dogs, soft drinks and baked goods will be sold. Proceeds will be used for the sanctuary roof. Donations can be made by calling 802-0048 or 547-2581.
• Drama camps, will be held at the Fort Mill Community Playhouse. Sign up now for camps: June 16-20 for first- to third-graders, and June 23-27 for fourth- to eighth-graders. Information and registration form are at www.fortmillplayhouse.org.
Every Week• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, or $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 803-548-7252.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family-friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Del Webb Library in Indian Land. No registration required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, meets monthly at the Fort Mill Golf Club. For more information, email email@example.com.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic, 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for nonmembers. Call 704-899-5000.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.
Email your events to firstname.lastname@example.org.