This Week• Dancin’ Through the Decades, 7 p.m May 24 at Higher Ground Church, 8365 Possum Hollow Road, Indian Land. The Firestarters youth group of Higher Ground performs music and dances from the 1930s-‘90s. Ticket are $10 per adult and $5 per child 12 years and younger. For more information, call the church office at 803-802-3189.
• “Breaking Bad,” actor RJ Mitte will host a meet and greet appearance at Alive After Five 7 p.m. May 22 at Charlotte’s epicenter. Proceeds go to Shriners Hospitals for Children. General tickets are $25 and include a personalized autograph and photo opportunity. VIP tickets are also available for $35 and include a personalized autograph, photo opportunity and access to the front of line. Tickets are available at RJ-Charlotte.eventbrite.com.
• Night out at the Fort Mill VFW, 6 p.m. May 24. $5 fish plates will have fried flounder, french fries, hush puppies and tartar sauce. A DJ will entertain at 8 p.m. The hall is at 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill.
Next Week• Dazzle and Denim, Catawba Care’s 11th annual fundraising event 7-11 p.m. May 30 at the Magnolia Room at Laurel Creek in Rock Hill. Tickets can be purchased at catawbacare.org or mail a check to 500 Lakeshore Parkway, Rock Hill, SC 29730. Red Ribbon Tables can also be reserved for groups of 10 for $400. For more information, call 803-909-6363 ext 221 or go to catawbacare.org.
• Yard sale, 7 a.m.-2 p.m. May 31 at Riverview Presbyterian Church at the corner Sutton and Harris roads, Fort Mill. Hot dogs, soft drinks and baked goods will be sold. Proceeds will be used for the sanctuary roof. Donations can be made by calling 802-0048 or 547-2581.
• ’50s Style Drive-In, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 31 at Harrison United Methodist Church in Pineville, N.C. Enjoy old-fashioned milkshakes, hamburgers, hotdogs and french fries. Drive-in and eat in the car, or come into the fellowship hall and relax in the cool air inside while listening to music from the era. For more information, call 704-541-3463 or go to www.harrisonumc.org.
Coming Soon• Celebration of Summer Concert, 3-4:15 p.m. June 8 at Christ Episcopal Church 534 Plantation Road, Lancaster. Performers are Erin Moon-Kelly (flute/piccolo), Tim Smith (organ/piano), Rosemary Webster (double bass/piano), Caroline Oliver (flute), Falin Bowers (flute), and Elaine Thrift (violin). Free, but donations for the Lancaster County Council for the Arts and the church appreciated. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Class reunion, the Fort Mill High School Class of 1964 with special guest, the Fort Mill High Class of 1963, will celebrate its 50th class reunion 6:30 p.m.-midnight June 14 at the Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. There will be an icebreaker at 7 p.m June 13 at the Mill Eatery & Draft House (formerly Fish Bones), at 501 Crossroads Plaza, Fort Mill. For information, call Rick at 803-547-7688 or Pete at 803-448-9883.
• Drama camps, will be held at the Fort Mill Community PlayhouseJune 16-20 for first- to third-graders, and June 23-27 for fourth- to eighth-graders. Information and registration form are at www.fortmillplayhouse.org.
• Live music, Dixie Still, 7 p.m. June 21, at Runde Park in Tega Cay. Free. No dogs or BYOB. Concessions for sale. For more information, go to tegacaysc.org.
• Live music, Gump Fiction, 7 p.m. July 19, at Runde Park in Tega Cay. Free. No dogs or BYOB. Concessions for sale. For more information, go to tegacaysc.org.
• Live music, Matt Stratford, 7 p.m. Aug. 16, at Runde Park in Tega Cay. Free. No dogs or BYOB. Concessions for sale. For more information, go to tegacaysc.org.
Every Week• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, or $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 803-548-7252.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family-friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Del Webb Library in Indian Land. No registration required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, meets monthly at the Fort Mill Golf Club. For more information, email email@example.com.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic, 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for nonmembers. Call 704-899-5000.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.
Email your events to firstname.lastname@example.org.