This Week• Allison Creek Bluegrass, will feature Timber Ridge 7-9 p.m. June 5 at Allison Creek Presbyterian Church, S.C. 274 between Lake Wylie and Newport. Doors open at 6 p.m. Food concessions available at 6:30 p.m. The family friendly event is free.
• Take a walkabout, 11 a.m. June 6, led by Clemson Extension Agent Paul Thompson in Glencairn Garden at the next First Friday in the Garden event. Thompson will discuss trees, shrubs and flowers found in Rock Hill’s public garden, 835 Edgemont Ave., Rock Hill.
• Fort Mill Farmers Market, opening day 8 a.m.-1 p.m. June 7 at the corner of Confederate and Monroe White streets. For more information, go to fortmillsc.org or call 547-2116.
• Paws Place Indoor Yard Sale, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. June 7 at 10681 Barberville Road, Indian Land.
• Used Book Sale, Saturday, June 7, at the Del Webb Library at Indian Land, 7641 Charlotte Highway. Sale begins 9 a.m. for friends members and 10 a.m. for the general public. Sale ends at 12:30 p.m., at 7641 Charlotte Highway. The Used Book Room will feature BOGO. Cash sales only.
• Celebration of Summer Concert, 3-4:15 p.m. June 8 at Christ Episcopal Church 534 Plantation Road, Lancaster. Performers are Erin Moon-Kelly (flute/piccolo), Tim Smith (organ/piano), Rosemary Webster (double bass/piano), Caroline Oliver (flute), Falin Bowers (flute), and Elaine Thrift (violin). Free, but donations for the Lancaster County Council for the Arts and the church appreciated. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Little Jacket Cheer Camp, 9 a.m.-noon June 9-12 at Fort Mill High School. Kids ages 3-12 will learn motions, cheers, jumps, dancing and tumbling skills. The cost is $60 in advance, $70 day of camp. Cost includes a T-shirt, craft and snack at the end of each day. A performance for family and friends will be held June 12. To reserve a spot, mail a check to: Jill Mathews - FMHS Cheer Coach 225 Munn Road, Fort Mill, SC 29715, or send an email to email@example.com.
Next Week• Class reunion, the Fort Mill High School Class of 1964 with special guest, the Fort Mill High Class of 1963, will celebrate its 50th class reunion 6:30 p.m.-midnight June 14 at the Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. There will be an icebreaker at 7 p.m June 13 at the Mill Eatery & Draft House (formerly Fish Bones), at 501 Crossroads Plaza, Fort Mill. For information, call Rick at 803-547-7688 or Pete at 803-448-9883.
• Drama camps, will be held at the Fort Mill Community PlayhouseJune 16-20 for first-to-third-graders. Information and registration form are at www.fortmillplayhouse.org.
Coming Soon• Auditions, for the the Carolina Renaissance Festival are 9 a.m.-noon June 21 at the Cannon School, 5801 Poplar Tent Road, Concord, N.C. The festival is a combination of outdoor theater, circus, arts and crafts fair, jousting tournament and a feast. Needed: amateur and professional street performers, role players, musicians, variety acts and dancers 13 and older. Prepared material, head shots and resumes are appreciated but not required. To schedule an audition, call 704-896-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Drama camps, will be held at the Fort Mill Community PlayhouseJune 23-27 for fourth- to eighth-graders. Information and registration form are at www.fortmillplayhouse.org.
• Live music, Dixie Still, 7 p.m. June 21, at Runde Park in Tega Cay. Free. No dogs or BYOB. Concessions for sale. For more information, go to tegacaysc.org.
Every Week• Rent a kayak, at the Anne Springs Close Greenway to take out on 28-acre Lake Haigler. $7 for a one-person kayak, or $10 for a tandem kayak for 30 minutes. To reserve, call 803-548-7252.
• Bingo, hot food, at Fort Mill American Legion Post 43. Call 803-547-2414.
• Fort Mill VFW Monthly Breakfast, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. the second Sunday of each month Sunday in the VFW Hall, 1442 Harris Road, Fort Mill. Coffee, scrambled eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, hash browns, biscuits, fruit and hot cakes for $6. Open to the public and family-friendly.
• Preschool Story Time and activities, for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays or 10 and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Del Webb Library in Indian Land. No registration required.
• Book Clubs for Adults, at the Fort Mill Library. Join other book lovers for a monthly discussion of some great books. Choose the group that best meets your schedule and interests. Call 803-547-4114 to register.
• The Ballroom Dance Club, meets monthly at the Fort Mill Golf Club. For more information, email email@example.com.
• Yoga classes, at Complete Wellness Chiropractic, 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at the Complete Wellness Chiropractic Office as part of the Charlotte Yoga Club. Cost is $5 for club members and $7 for nonmembers. Call 704-899-5000.
• Preschool story time, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the Fort Mill Public Library. Story time and activities for 3- to 5-year-olds and their caregivers.
Email your events to firstname.lastname@example.org.